Does changing reservation mean losing Promo’s ?

macfam5

A new reservation cancels previous offers and promos. But that can be a good thing depending on the price. If the price drop is small then its not worth it. But if the price drop or upgrade is substantial then IMHO that's better than any promo. The promos are gimmicks IMHO.

guess you pretty much have your answer: technically you are booking a brand new reservation. The perks could be better or not as good. Talk to NCL or your travel agent to get the latest information.

anyone who thinks the promos are just gimmicks hasn't done their math. Of course like any sale they are designed to bring in business, but for most of us they offer big savings.

guess you pretty much have your answer: technically you are booking a brand new reservation. The perks could be better or not as good. Talk to NCL or your travel agent to get the latest information.

anyone who thinks the promos are just gimmicks hasn't done their math. Of course like any sale they are designed to bring in business, but for most of us they offer big savings.

I've done my math and I still think they are gimmicks. But to each their own. If you drink 12 alcoholic drinks every day then it works for you. If you plan to have a couple of drinks every night, not so much. The promos are a mixed bag IMHO. You cant help but laugh when you get "free drinks at sea" and 3 specialty meals and charged $278 for it. That money would cover my alcohol consumption and plenty of specialty meals on a cruise. "Free excursions" is another joke. It comes out to $10 off each excursion at each port. Hardly free.

The 250 internet minutes is a nice freebee as well as the 3rd and 4th person sails free. You are kidding yourself if you don't believe NCL is profiting big time off these **free** promos :confused:

Perks are only worth something if they matter to that particular cruiser.

Even if upgrading to another cabin on the same cruise, one could lose their perks.

I've done my math and I still think they are gimmicks. But to each their own. If you drink 12 alcoholic drinks every day then it works for you. If you plan to have a couple of drinks every night, not so much. The promos are a mixed bag IMHO. You cant help but laugh when you get "free drinks at sea" and 3 specialty meals and charged $278 for it. That money would cover my alcohol consumption and plenty of specialty meals on a cruise. "Free excursions" is another joke. It comes out to $10 off each excursion at each port. Hardly free.

The 250 internet minutes is a nice freebee as well as the 3rd and 4th person sails free. You are kidding yourself if you don't believe NCL is profiting big time off these **free** promos :confused:

Your math is faulty. To cover the gratuity charge you only need to drink 3 or 4 alcoholic beverages per day. not sure how a $50 per port credit on excursions per cabin comes out $10 each excursion. Guess I should have stuck with math after calculus.

Your math is faulty. To cover the gratuity charge you only need to drink 3 or 4 alcoholic beverages per day. not sure how a $50 per port credit on excursions per cabin comes out $10 each excursion. Guess I should have stuck with math after calculus.

C'mon now. If you took calculus, you can figure it out. Here is a mathematical word problem for you to solve. NCL offers $50 per cabin per port on shore excursions. If the occupants of the cabin receive $10 discount on a shore excursion in St Thomas, how many people are sailing in the cabin?

If you solve that one here is another. One train leaves Los Angeles going 60 mph and another train leaves Baltimore going 40 mph. Both trains are traveling towards each other. How many hours will the trains cross paths? At what state will they meet? What is the engineer's name?

If we need to change our reservation for a different date, will we lose the promos that were offered when originally booked? ( Port taxes included was the promo )

What you are describing is a cancellation, and then a new booking. You will only be able to get the perks that are available on the date of the new booking.