Royal Beach Palace Hotel Ft.Lauderdale

janpa70

Roya Beach Palace Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. We just booked this and was wondering if anyone as ever stayed here before. What's it like? They advertise within walking distance to the beach. We did a map search of it and they map shows it's 2 miles from Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Is there another beach closer? I want to spend the day at the beach and want a hotel that is very close and reasonable if not on the beach and affordable.

Thank you,

Janice

It appears to be nowhere near Ft Lauderdale...looks like it may be opposite a beach but you're a few miles from Ft Lauderdale..

I'd rethink your plan....

May I gently suggest you go back to square one. Any savings you have will be negated by inconvenience....

I also looked at the reviews... MANY of them are by one hit wonders who've only posted 1 review so I am thinking some are fake. I also think my cousin stayed here, a Priceline win, and hated it.....he's kinda fussy too......

I can only speak to its location. It is in Fort Lauderdale on Route A1A (the beach road for much of South Florida) about 2 miles north of the beginning of the long expanse of public beach (the iconic Fort Lauderdale Beach) and is on the west side of the road in a section (Gault Ocean Mile) where there are a number (a dozen or so) of high rise condo complexes directly on the beach. The closest public access to the beach that I know of would be 1,000 - 1,500 feet south at the end of E. Oakland Park Blvd. It is about the same distance to the water taxi stop at Bokamper's Sports Bar (and there are other restaurants in the immediate area) on the Intracoastal. Speaking of restaurants, less than 1,000 feet south on the other side of A1A is an excellent Greek restaurant - Greek Islands Taverna.

If you provide us with your desired amenities, travel dates, and budget, I'm sure folks will give you hotel recommendations.

Edited by capriccio

Thanks for all the advice. I did rethink my plans and cancelled the Royal Beach Palace Hotel. We are now booked at the Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. They have there own private beach. It's a little bit more than what I wanted to pay but that's ok since it's on the beach.

Thanks for all the advice. I did rethink my plans and cancelled the Royal Beach Palace Hotel. We are now booked at the Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. They have there own private beach. It's a little bit more than what I wanted to pay but that's ok since it's on the beach.

The Sun Tower looks like a great place - do you know how far it is from the cruise terminals?

The Sun Tower looks like a great place - do you know how far it is from the cruise terminals?

Showing 25 -30 mins....in good traffic -- taking a cab from the airport to the hotel then pier? Ocean B, Bahia Mar, are nearer the beaches, closer to the pier. Pier 66 right by the pier, does offer a shuttle to the beach. Check for sales, they just had rooms for 119 a night

Edited by myfuzzy

Great little beachside restaurant as well. Check out their happy hour!

Sent from my iPad using Forums