Best Hotel in Orlando/Port Canaveral / Cocoa Beach for a Girlfriend Getaway?!

Hello all!

I've spent some time researching the boards for answers, but I'm just at kind of a loss so I'd love your advice!

One of my childhood best friends and I are meeting in Florida over President's Day Weekend (Feb, 2019) for a cruise out of Port Canaveral. Initially I thought we'd stay in Cocoa Beach, but the hotel costs are pretty astronomical for the weekend we're there...Like $230+ night for the Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta. :o I'd be okay paying that for a little nicer hotel, but...?!

So now we're thinking of staying in Orlando and just using a transportation service back and forth to the port. I've gotten some great recommendations here on ones that I think will work.

My question is: Any resort-type hotels or even more basic hotels with a resort-like pool and bar in Orlando that would be good for this little girlfriend getaway? We won't have kids with us and won't be doing any theme parks, etc. We literally want a place for two nights to lay poolside with books and drinks that won't cost a fortune!

After a quick glance The Caribe Royale Orlando seems like it may be a possibility?! $100/night over the weekend seems crazy though, so I need to research further.

I'm also open to other areas within an hour or so of the Port!

I'd love your input! Thanks so much!

Hello all!

I've spent some time researching the boards for answers, but I'm just at kind of a loss so I'd love your advice!

One of my childhood best friends and I are meeting in Florida over President's Day Weekend (Feb, 2019) for a cruise out of Port Canaveral. Initially I thought we'd stay in Cocoa Beach, but the hotel costs are pretty astronomical for the weekend we're there...Like $230+ night for the Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta. :o I'd be okay paying that for a little nicer hotel, but...?!

So now we're thinking of staying in Orlando and just using a transportation service back and forth to the port. I've gotten some great recommendations here on ones that I think will work.

My question is: Any resort-type hotels or even more basic hotels with a resort-like pool and bar in Orlando that would be good for this little girlfriend getaway? We won't have kids with us and won't be doing any theme parks, etc. We literally want a place for two nights to lay poolside with books and drinks that won't cost a fortune!

After a quick glance The Caribe Royale Orlando seems like it may be a possibility?! $100/night over the weekend seems crazy though, so I need to research further.

I'm also open to other areas within an hour or so of the Port!

I'd love your input! Thanks so much!

We had a great time at the Buenavista palace hotel which is only a 10 minutes walk to Disney Springs.

Several hotels in the Lake Buena vista area could meet your needs, but not sure about your budget. I would rent a car and drop it off in PC/Cocoa Beach the morning of your cruise - all of the agencies there will shuttle you to the port.

am I reading wrong or are you looking for a room for less than $100 a night in Orlando or port area with a nice pool and bar?

"with a resort-like pool and bar"

"$100/night over the weekend seems crazy "

GOOD LUCK on that!

It's been years since I paid less that $100 a nite for a room ... and that was NOT in a tourist area and if it had a pool I'd probably have been afraid to get in!!!

Good luck .... the least expensive place I know in the Cocoa Beach area with what you want is the International Palms ...... by "want" I mean pool bar (actually beach bar and ON the beach) ... but it IS older .... and is not under $100

Hi! Yes, reading wrong..."$100/night over the weekend seems crazy" as in...crazy cheap and I'm scared there may not be hot water or something! ;p Was hoping to spend $200 or less/night if possible.

am I reading wrong or are you looking for a room for less than $100 a night in Orlando or port area with a nice pool and bar?

"with a resort-like pool and bar"

"$100/night over the weekend seems crazy "

GOOD LUCK on that!

It's been years since I paid less that $100 a nite for a room ... and that was NOT in a tourist area and if it had a pool I'd probably have been afraid to get in!!!

Good luck .... the least expensive place I know in the Cocoa Beach area with what you want is the International Palms ...... by "want" I mean pool bar (actually beach bar and ON the beach) ... but it IS older .... and is not under $100

Several hotels in the Lake Buena vista area could meet your needs, but not sure about your budget. I would rent a car and drop it off in PC/Cocoa Beach the morning of your cruise - all of the agencies there will shuttle you to the port.

Thanks, will check out Lake Buena Vista!