Photo Package on Princess-Good Value?

mikelly1221

I have a question. I know only one person per cabin needs to buy the package. But can anyone in the cabin pick up the photos or does it need to be picked up by the person who bought the package? Examplemy sister and my niece are all traveling together in the same cabin. I bought the package but can my niece that’s in my cabin go and get her photo that’s just a photo of her alone. Or do I have to go in get the photo of her and then give it to her :

When you go to pick up the pictures be sure to have the flash drive they give you. They scan the picture on to the drive when you pick up the photos.

If you go every day to collect the pictures it is easy to remember where you were the day before. ;) If you wait a few days in between I find it is harder to find them all.

As long as someone from the cabin that bought the package is in the photo, it will be included, no matter how many others are in it.

Princess really needs to adjust the pricing on the photo package. It is the same price whether you are on a 5 day or 21 day cruise. :confused:

Will they be able to tell me how many pictures I Picked up? Or if I get 5 photos on my card and my sister picked up 6 photo on her card. Will it show up that way on our cards or will it just be all lumped together .

Edited by minniegidget

Will they be able to tell me how many pictures I Picked up? Or if I get 5 photos on my card and my sister picked up 6 photo on her card. Will it show up that way on our cards or will it just be all lumped together .

They can tell by the photos on the thumb drive. The person picking up the photos will have the digital copies uploaded on the thumb drive. If the person picking up the photos doesn’t have the thumb drive, then someone will have to take the pictures back to the photo desk to be scanned. The bar code on the paper photo needs to be scanned to identify the digital file for uploading. If the photo desk is busy, you sometimes need to leave the paper photos and the thumb drive and then pick them up the next day. Although you have to pick out your photos, I always find that to be rather easy. In fact, the entire process is pretty painless - we’ve had the package quite a few times now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

that's handy, as some of the folks are a whole lot nicer lookin and i dont want to get their photos by mistake. the photo package is a good deal on Carnival it is 99 for 5 photos and a 16x20 canvas. That's a good deal for a cruise. You have to prepay before boarding.

I have done the package twice. Both times I think I got my monies worth cuz my sisters and I really love the photos. It helps that we get the flash drive. I get the digital copies for my digital photo frame. My 2 sisters split the hard copies and I can then make copies of any photos they wanted but didn't get.

We were on a 5 night and had about 40 photos, but we only bought one formal and one from Cabo. We will be doing a 10 night next year to Alaska and plan on getting the package an taking ALL the photos ;) That way we can just grab them and not try to decide which ones we like more. haha I kinda wish I would have grabbed another formal photo, but oh well. There is always next time.

Princess was running a special in the Feb 2017 time frame where the photo package was only $99 (regularly $199 pre-cruise and $249 on the ship). We jumped on the offer for a Sept 2017 seven day Alaska cruise and were very happy with the results. Because of it, we actually sought out opportunities to get our picture taken, both formal and informal. Although you are traveling in a few weeks, you may want to wait to see if they repeat the offer.

The one activity we had where the photos were not included with the package was the ultimate balcony dinner, where one photo came free with it and they took six and wanted to sell you those extra ones.

We are going on a ten day Australian cruise next year and plan to buy it again even if they don't offer a special.

My mom hurt her knee, so no embarkation photo since we went up another area and were taken directly to our room. We have been too tired most days to gussy up for photos. We are having a great time on the Star Princess in Alaska, but photos have not been the priority (at least not of us...more pics of the scenery). It is not worth it to us on this cruise. It depends 100% on what type of cruiser you are and if you like having pictures taken. Photo opportunities abound every day, so it is definitely worth it if you want those photos.

Just back from AK and it was worth it for us. I think I counted the other day 40 some portraits, of we which I really like 10 (that would be 250 right there), plus embarkation, port, dinner pics. The port days are a print where you can cut it a part and it is actually 3 pics of different sizes. The other 8×10's arent horid, just not my fav, so can give the kids one, my mom, my husbands dad.

One thing that did hapoen two port days we did not see a photog at the exit. There were two exits, and one photog.... and second formal night didnt see a photog in our dining room.

Princess was running a special in the Feb 2017 time frame where the photo package was only $99 (regularly $199 pre-cruise and $249 on the ship). We jumped on the offer for a Sept 2017 seven day Alaska cruise and were very happy with the results. Because of it, we actually sought out opportunities to get our picture taken, both formal and informal. Although you are traveling in a few weeks, you may want to wait to see if they repeat the offer.

The one activity we had where the photos were not included with the package was the ultimate balcony dinner, where one photo came free with it and they took six and wanted to sell you those extra ones.

We are going on a ten day Australian cruise next year and plan to buy it again even if they don't offer a special.

Where did you find the sale?

It was in the cruise personalizer. There are a couple of threads on it and after reviewing them, it looks like it was on sale January and February of 2017. One person thought that Princess may have been experimenting with price points at the time. However, you never know, so just keep looking. They may do it again and you could get lucky.

As a family of four, we have booked two cabins with an adjoining door. Would photos of all four of us be included? Or is it strictly enforced as one cabin?

We are on Royal now with one cabin for a family having the package. It is no problem, one person from the cabin with the photo package must be in the photo. That’s it

• 4 weeks later...

Just off the Grand, and we had a different experience with the pre-paid photo package. In the past, we had always bought it for one person, and any pictures with that person were included. So on this cruise, we were with Grandma and Grandpa for their anniversary. We were in three cabins (G&G in one, us in one, and our three kids in one), so we bought the package for Grandma, thinking that we could get all the pics she was in. We were informed that they no longer do this, and the only pictures included were those with ONLY the people in her cabin, so only photos of Grandma and Grandpa alone. We talked to many people all the way up the chain, and this was enforced, although they did let us substitute any 10 photos instead. The picture quality was not that great, so we probably wouldn't have had had many more we wanted anyway, but it would have been nice to know. Many of the ones we took with our phones turned out better.

On our June cruise on the Royal We had a group of seven spread over four cabins. We gifted the package to daughter who was in the cabin with one of the two grandchildren, son in law was in a connecting cabin with the other child. It worked out perfectly, we had many group shots, and took home all of the fun photos they take at the ports, and formal posed photos. We also have many adorable shots of the two kids.

Everyone took home photos and they are excellent. My suggestion is to have the group photos taken on a non formal night, the photographers aren’t busy and take a lot of time posing you. Our favorite back drop was the white one.

Honestly I don’t even remember the staff at the photo gallery even looking to make sure one person in the cabin was in each photo each evening when Daughter took each days photos.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

My adult I son and I were on the Emerald in June. I pre purchased the package for $199. We loved it. I came home with 70 great pictures. I could have gotten a lot more pictures, but we never seemed to be on deck during sail away, where the photographers were. I am very much an advocate of having lots of pictures taken. My husband passed away three years ago, after a very short illness. Our vacation photos are some of my most precious memories of our life together. I would not trade them for anything. Take advantage of every moment, because you never know what tomorrow will bring. Scenery pictures are also an important part of vacation, but make sure your loved ones are in those photos too. Years from now the picture of that beautiful glacier will mean a lot more if someone you love, and is no longer here is in it, One word of advice on the photo package. Pick up your pictures each day! Many people wait for the last couple days of the cruise to pick up pictures, whether they have the photo package or not. The photo pick up area gets really busy on the last two days. In fact, it was a madhouse.

Just off the Grand, and we had a different experience with the pre-paid photo package. In the past, we had always bought it for one person, and any pictures with that person were included. So on this cruise, we were with Grandma and Grandpa for their anniversary. We were in three cabins (G&G in one, us in one, and our three kids in one), so we bought the package for Grandma, thinking that we could get all the pics she was in. We were informed that they no longer do this, and the only pictures included were those with ONLY the people in her cabin, so only photos of Grandma and Grandpa alone. We talked to many people all the way up the chain, and this was enforced, although they did let us substitute any 10 photos instead. The picture quality was not that great, so we probably wouldn't have had had many more we wanted anyway, but it would have been nice to know. Many of the ones we took with our phones turned out better.

Thank you for posting your experience. I have been debating on purchasing this package, but, am now thinking about not booking it. My DH and I will be traveling with 12 other couples and I thought it could be fun to purchase and then take lots of group pics, but, I don't want the same experience you had.

When you say pick up your photos each day, it sounds like they are printed out. I assumed the pre-purchase package for all photos for $199 was for digital copies only. That they came on a memory stick. How do you get your pictures: printed on paper or digital on a stick? I am thinking of getting this package. It would be more attractive if they were printed out (and digital).

When you say pick up your photos each day, it sounds like they are printed out. I assumed the pre-purchase package for all photos for $199 was for digital copies only. That they came on a memory stick. How do you get your pictures: printed on paper or digital on a stick? I am thinking of getting this package. It would be more attractive if they were printed out (and digital).

You get both -- the prints and the digital copies. Like usual, they print all of the pictures and put them out in the photo gallery. You go and select yours and hand them to the staff, who will scan the barcode on the picture to get them added to your USB drive. (Sometimes if they are not busy they will do the scanning right there, other times they kept them overnight and you picked up your USB drive and prints the next day.)