Get rid of the art and auction

The art baloney generates so many unnecessary papers to the cabin. It’s ridiculous.

The “art” is in ugly and out of style golden frames and Carnival would be better to get rid of that junk and use the space for something better.

Who is with me on this?

Edited by spleenstomper

The “art” is in ugly and out of style golden frames and Carnival would be better to get rid of that junk and use the space for something better.

Who is with me on this?

I don’t think you get to keep the frame. The my roll up your smart into a cardboard box.

Never have gone and never will.

I assume it must make them money, but I don’t see how. I never see many people in there.

Yeah, free 5$ bottle of champagne lol.

The papers they send to the cabin are such a shame and a waste. So much litter.

I'm fine with them sticking it down in an area people don't frequent...like how they have it on deck 4 of the Breeze. Now on the Dream they have it in the spot where the Red Frog Pub is on Breeze..I'd much rather have a Red Frog Pub there. As for the papers...we get too much junk mail. Last cruise I didn't see my CC meet and greet invite because it was mixed in with a bunch of junk mail.

I agree and would prefer Carnival lease the space for another retail purpose. Perhaps a drug store like CVS where they would sell OTC items and goods like any CVS store carries ashore. Limited food and beverage offerings would be required so as not to siphon profits from Carnival. No alcohol would be permitted to be sold from this venue.

Carnival would earn revenue on the monthly lease rental agreement and would be wise to ask for a percentage of the net sales earnings to boot. This proposal is good for the customer, good for Carnival and no one has to look at those ugly pieces that are being fobbed off as " art. "

I suggest the store be named Carnival's CVS At Sea.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Yes, I agree! They should turn it into another bar Venue or a drug store— that is a good idea too.

The “art” is so nasty. Lol. Preying on unsuspecting people who don’t know what art is.

But they call it a “vip” cheese and wine party so some people go for that I guess.

“You will have an opportunity to mingle and meet with your fellow art lovers (lmao) and chat with your art team whilst (lol) enjoying the finest (roll eyes) art on the high seas. “ give me a freaking break.

“We will be unveiling some truly magnificent (hahahahaha) and unique (translation: ugly POS) artworks.... this is an exclusive (no it’s not get real and stop lying) event, where everyone will have a fun time.”

But...but...there's free champagne.

Park West misleads about their " champagne " just as much as they do about the value of the " art " they sell. The complimentary beverage is sparkling wine. Only wines made with grapes grown in the Champagne Region of France are permitted to be labeled as champagne under international law and the authority of the French government. If Park West can't call the swill they serve sparkling wine this begs the question: what else are they being deceptive about? :confused:

Yes, very true about calling it champagne. (Unless it really is champagne... lol. I’m kinda tempted to go quiz them on this lol)

Just ask to read the label on one of the bottles going around, then surprise them with your knowledge gleaned here at Cruise Critic. There are art critics and wine critics too!

The art baloney generates so many unnecessary papers to the cabin. It’s ridiculous.

Who is with me on this?

If they did the complainers would be complaining about a cutback.

You said yourself, you don't go but there are people who do so it would seem that there would be no reason to get rid of them.

Every cruise I have ever been on, I have wondered to myself “who buys this garbage”? Who goes on a cruise to buy artwork??? Seems odd to me but to each his own I suppose. I find all the shopping venues on board quite silly. With the exception of the cherry on top and the tee shirt/trinket/souvenir type shop, all the rest like perfumes, metal by the inch, and jewelry just seem a waste of space to me. On my first cruise I did buy my then 14 yr old daughter a little charm bracelet since she fell prey to the circus salesmen hawking them as if they were hand made by Jesus himself, but by the time we got home the thing was already turning her skin green and Charms falling off and discoloring like you would expect a dime store trinket to do.

I knew when I bought it that it was trash but it made my daughter happy for a brief moment, but honestly I see people lining up for the “sales” like they were giving away a million dollars or something.....don’t understand.

Anyway I guess there are enough people buying artwork and all the other stuff as well or Carnival would quit selling it.

I do wish they would change it up a bit. I wouldn’t mind shopping if they had more variety of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok I just asked a woman who came out if anyone was buying anything and she said she bought 3 pieces. I asked her if she minded if I asked how much she spent and she spent 3k!!!!!! One Thomas Kincaid and one Jim Moran I believe she said. It was a package deal pricing she said.

Wow, she seemed pleased and very nonchalant about the amount. Very un phased and matter of fact.

I guess I’m wrong and people do buy this junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok I’m sitting outside and cracking up lol. The auction is going up and he has to keep telling them how to pop their cards up because no one is buying 4 prints for $899. Lolololol

So you think it is waste of time but you are sitting outside of the auction making fun of it?

Truthfully, I met a wonderful special needs man sitting here and another couple so we are talking about the auction and getting to know each other and other things etc.

The man is mad because the T-shirt’s are on sale 2 for $20 and they won’t sell him one for ten and he is upset and disappointed about that. So I’m thinking about going on halvsies with him so we can both get a $10 T-shirt.

Someone once said "Art is in the eye of the beholder". Just because you don't like something doesn't mean no one else does. No matter what you think, if someone purchased a painting for whatever amount they spent for that piece and are happy with their purchase who are you to criticize them. And no I have not nor would I purchase artwork on a Cruise Ship.

Depending on the Art Gallery location, we use it as a way to waste a few min while waiting for our dining room buzzer to be activated. We would never, ever buy anything, and we have never liked anything, but it’s a distraction.