Caribbean Princess upgraded WiFi operating yet

TAMU Dad

Since Rollout of Ocean Medallion service is delayed, the first improvement may already be available-upgraded WiFi.

Has anyone experienced the Caribbean Princess current WiFi? Old or new?

Got off the Caribbean Princess this morning. I asked about unlimited service and was told it would start I believe next month.

I thought the internet worked ok, much better than the Westerdam in December but not as good as the Celebrity unlimited. I did like the Princess@Sea feature.

Got off the Caribbean Princess this morning. I asked about unlimited service and was told it would start I believe next month.

Since work on the implementation of the Ocean Medallion is supposed to occur on the CB this season, did you see any evidence of such work going on?

Since work on the implementation of the Ocean Medallion is supposed to occur on the CB this season, did you see any evidence of such work going on?

Bluntly, no.

I did see a lot of very detailed cleaning and housekeeping though.

I just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday. I thought the WiFi was great - I was able to post pics on Facebook and Instagram, send/receive emails and iMessages. Coverage was strong all over the ship - in my cabin, on the open decks and in the public rooms. I did see a handful of staff in ***** polos, so I think they are still working on Ocean Medallion.

I just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday. I thought the WiFi was great - I was able to post pics on Facebook and Instagram, send/receive emails and iMessages. Coverage was strong all over the ship - in my cabin, on the open decks and in the public rooms. I did see a handful of staff in ***** polos, so I think they are still working on Ocean Medallion.

Thanks for the report, upgraded WIFI seems to be happening as this is required as first step necessary for complete rollout of ***** later this year on Caribbean Princess. WIFI will always have a cost, old or new.

This is great news. Thanks for the update

Bluntly' date=' no.

I did see a lot of very detailed cleaning and housekeeping though.[/quote']

We are just off the Caribbean Princess too. You can certainly see all the Ocean Medallion sensors placed all over the ship. The large TV screens are in place in most elevator vestibules, the TV system in the cabins is now on-demand. We were told also that the MedallionNet feature will start in a month or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update. :) Can I ask what internet package you had?

TIA

We are just off the Caribbean Princess too. You can certainly see all the Ocean Medallion sensors placed all over the ship. The large TV screens are in place in most elevator vestibules, the TV system in the cabins is now on-demand. We were told also that the MedallionNet feature will start in a month or so.

It should be interesting to see if they learned anything from the Regal fiasco.:cool:

Thanks for the report, upgraded WIFI seems to be happening as this is required as first step necessary for complete rollout of ***** later this year on Caribbean Princess. WIFI will always have a cost, old or new.

The WiFi is for MedallionNet and crew's ***** tablets. The ***** sensors are cabled. Dunno 'bout

the ***** wall screens.

Thanks for the update. :) Can I ask what internet package you had?

TIA

I got 150 minutes free as a loyalty perk. It lasted me most of the week thanks to my cell having service all day in St Thomas, and then I was pretty “frugal” the last couple of days. Pre-write emails and then login and hit send, etc. If I posted on FB or insta I had the photo picked out and planned what I wanted to say before logging in. The speed was fine - I just had limited time to browse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...