Land tour first - welcome reception?

GoofyGeek

We are starting our cruisetour in Fairbanks, arriving 6/9/18. Does HAL have any sort of welcome event the night of arrival? We made dinner reservations, but are not sure if we should keep them.

The first night of our land tour on our cruise/tour was in Whitehorse. They had a welcome dinner in the hotel.

Not our night of arrival in Vancouver (we flew the next day to Whitehorse to start the trip). The next night when everyone arrived in Whitehorse.

We are starting our cruisetour in Fairbanks, arriving 6/9/18. Does HAL have any sort of welcome event the night of arrival? We made dinner reservations, but are not sure if we should keep them.

When we did our HAL land and cruise that began in Fairbanks the HAL rep had no idea what to do .It was her first job . She made sure that everyone was present and said "see you in the morning."We went to an Italian restaurant that was highly recommended.

People will be arriving at different times. When you check in at the hotel you should receive a “welcome packet” which will have your room key and information about when and where to meet to begin your journey. Enjoy your dinner.

• 4 weeks later...

We are starting our tour in Fairbanks also, and I'm wondering if you did the same tour and can give me any more info. We take the coach from Fairbanks to Denali (9:30 am - 1:00 pm) on Sat and then Denali to Seward coach (7 am - 5 pm) on Sun and board the Noordam at 8 pm that evening. Do you know if any meals are included? How is the Denali-Seward coach - scenic, exhausting? Thanks so much!

We are starting our tour in Fairbanks also, and I'm wondering if you did the same tour and can give me any more info. We take the coach from Fairbanks to Denali (9:30 am - 1:00 pm) on Sat and then Denali to Seward coach (7 am - 5 pm) on Sun and board the Noordam at 8 pm that evening. Do you know if any meals are included? How is the Denali-Seward coach - scenic, exhausting? Thanks so much!

I did a cruisetour 5 years ago, not the same itinerary as yours but meals were only included on the coach bus if you were on it the whole day. I’m not sure if Fairbanks to Denali would include food. I recommend bringing lots of snacks! So the Denali-Seward bus, Lunch was included. Our bus broke down so we ended up getting fed at a Princess Denali lodge and got a hot meal. I heard the other passengers on buses to Seward got a boxed lunch. The bus ride is long but they make rest stops and our driver pointed out wildlife and scenic points. We got on the ship very late and lido was closed so we had to wait until late dining to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did not have food on the Fairbanks to Denali bus.

We started in Fairbanks and there was no official dinner or gathering. When we got to the hotel they had a desk where agents provided us with our packets. We went to dinner on our own and breakfast on our own before boarding the bus.
Ditto.

We did the Fairbanks>Denali trip by glass-dome train and we could purchase breakfast on the lower level. For the Denali>Seward part by coach we got a free buffet in Wasilla. Parts of the Denali>Seward stretch were quite scenic (especially along Turnagain Arm) and in the not-so-scenic parts they showed a movie about some guy living in the AK wilderness, and played some games to pass the time. Unfortunately, there were no photo-op or potty stops except at a wildlife refuge for about an hour.

The coach was by far the most comfortable one I've ever been on! Soft leather seats with plenty of width and leg room, and glass-domed. It was a much more pleasant trip than I thought it would be. :)

We enjoyed starting in Fairbanks as it gave us the opportunity to meet and know the other 40 or so travelers in our group. There was no opening reception though. It was fun when we got to the ship as we often ate and talked with those in our original group.

Ditto.

We did the Fairbanks>Denali trip by glass-dome train and we could purchase breakfast on the lower level. For the Denali>Seward part by coach we got a free buffet in Wasilla. Parts of the Denali>Seward stretch were quite scenic (especially along Turnagain Arm) and in the not-so-scenic parts they showed a movie about some guy living in the AK wilderness, and played some games to pass the time. Unfortunately, there were no photo-op or potty stops except at a wildlife refuge for about an hour.

The coach was by far the most comfortable one I've ever been on! Soft leather seats with plenty of width and leg room, and glass-domed. It was a much more pleasant trip than I thought it would be. :)

Bolding mine. Are you saying there are no bathroom stops on the 10-hour trip? I hope the bus/coach had a restroom in it :eek: !

Bolding mine. Are you saying there are no bathroom stops on the 10-hour trip? I hope the bus/coach had a restroom in it :eek: !
I really don't remember if the bus had a restroom, but I think it must have since our only stops were for lunch in Wasilla and at the game refuge midway between Wasilla and Seward.

We are doing the same. As I read up on the tour, More and more questions come up.

What is a Motorcoach? A Bus? A Train?

The Fairbanks -> Denali is 31/2 hours so I could see a bus

The Delani -> Seward is 10 hours so is that a train?

Please help.