Maximizing Cheers package

247kay

Like you, I am generally a wine drinker. I have read that the Steakhouse bar has better wine by the glass selections. You do not have to eat at the Steakhouse in order to visit the bar. Of course it will only be open during limited hours in the evening, but my understanding is that you can get some better scotch, wine and other drinks there.

I'll be checking this out in 32 days on the Sunshine. I'll report back to say what my "research" shows. ;)

Recently finished 16 days on the Sunshine. There are a few additional wine by the glass options but not many, especially if you are a red drinker. Ended up stopping by many nights to get the J. Lohr Seven Oaks Cab on the way to the MDR.

Another glass we found surprisingly easy to drink was Conundrum White blend which was available at most bars.

Thanks for the steakhouse liquor selections!

Most, if not all, of the wines listed are priced by the bottle. With Cheers you would get a discount on the bottle, but it wouldn't be "free" even if the bottle costs less than $50.

247Kay, don't listen to the "give away your Cheers drinks to others" guy. Just don't.

You actually think I would waste my 15 drinks on anyone but myself....please!! I will be drinking all 15 drinks all by myself. :');):o

Edited by 247kay

You actually think I would waste my 15 drinks on anyone but myself....please!! I will be drinking all 15 drinks all by myself. :');):o
Just remember to drink a small bottle of San Pellegrino after every second or third drink to stay hydrated and keep that possible hangover away.

• 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $50.00

Thanks for the update. Both times I previously had Cheers was when it was still maxed at 10.00 and the best I could drink was at the Alchemy Bar. NCL let's you pay the difference over their 15.00 cap, plus gratuity. No big deal, not a major Cognac fan anyway. The Roca Patron will do me just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been collecting ideas from the Cheers threads like this and here's a comprehensive list I made:

A) The Steakhouse has a nice rose champagne byHeidsieck that is $20 per glass and very nice. We each had 3 glasses withdinner on embarkation day and this alone made that day a big value.

B) Roca Patron Silver: $15 per shot at the poolbar. Incredibly smooth, goes down like water.(Also goes great stirred into aMargarita after 5 minutes!

C) Order your favorite frozen beverage, wait 5,and ask for an additional shot of your favorite ultra premium liquor on theside to stir in since they frozen drinks can taste pretty weak.

D) Asking for Pellegrino at the beginning of ourMDR meals and request the large bottle of still water with dessert to bringback to the room or off with you in port.

E) Hitting the coffee bar before breakfast aswell as after dessert/before night activities to get some pep.

F) We noticed that once we started tipping $1per drink (in addition to the auto gratuity ofc) we started (1) receivingincreasingly generous pours by the bartenders as the trip progressed and (2)being given priority when bars were busy with MDR waits /busy comedy clubnights, etc.

on the pride that david's steak house has afull service bar. we have eaten many times at the steak house and knew therewas a bar but never thought of going there to order a drink. we were watching amovie on the lido deck and she wanted wine but did not feel like going to thebars on the 2nd and 3rd deck to get some. i suggested going to the bar at thesteak house and see if you can order wine there since they have a betterselection anyway. she did and the bartender was more than happy to serve her.and said he is usually very bored because no one goes to the bar he only makesdrinks for the waitresses to deliver to the tables. he said that he was open anhour after the steak house hours say they close. she went back probably 4 moretimes that night and ordered wine then left with it. i would imagine all thesteak houses have a bar that you can order from even if you are not eating atthe restaurant.