Getting ready to book on Silhouette-want to be careful about cabin selection

My TA has given us cabin 7291, it's a category 2B. Any issues? Is the balcony have a good enough view? Seems like it's a good selection, it's aft and far enough back as I requested something quiet. Nothing above or below but cabins.

Normally the 3 cruises we've done before have been a GTY so if I'm having the TA take care of us, want to make sure!

We're sailing on the 9 day, November 30th cruise, will check out Roll Call soon. Thank you to everyone for your help and advice.

You can also google your cabin and you may luck up and get a You Tube of the actual cabin. The websites that have deck plans are helpful, but tend to have stock videos for each class on each ship, rather than pictures of the actual cabin.

You can also google your cabin and you may luck up and get a You Tube of the actual cabin. The websites that have deck plans are helpful, but tend to have stock videos for each class on each ship, rather than pictures of the actual cabin.

Thanks, didn't have reviews of actual cabin from what I can tell but in general seems quiet, view might be not great if looking straight down with lifeboats but we got a great price with 2 perks from TA.

Have you checked the cabin sticky above yet about this?

bon voyage

I tried but seem to be having difficulties understanding how to access .... sigh

I ran the search for you on the "sticky." There's only one listing for 7291, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31238398&postcount=1442

You mentioned wanting quiet -- given how far aft you'll be, I think you should have a great deal of quiet (not that I've found it noisy elsewhere).

Enjoy your cruise!

My TA has given us cabin 7291, it's a category 2B. Any issues? Is the balcony have a good enough view? Seems like it's a good selection, it's aft and far enough back as I requested something quiet. Nothing above or below but cabins.

Normally the 3 cruises we've done before have been a GTY so if I'm having the TA take care of us, want to make sure!

We're sailing on the 9 day, November 30th cruise, will check out Roll Call soon. Thank you to everyone for your help and advice.

We are in a cabin two away from you on a later cruise. I have looked at many photos . I believe your view from deck 7 would be looking down to the middle of the last lifeboat if you were looking straight down. Does not look like a davit is prodruding up. I doubt you will even see the lifeboat while sitting down on your balcony. These boats are on 5 obstructing 6 but should not be much of a problemon7. My relatives are in your cabin. Like you we got great pricing. I actually have a a problem with heights and like it having the boats two down.

We are in a cabin two away from you on a later cruise. I have looked at many photos . I believe your view from deck 7 would be looking down to the middle of the last lifeboat if you were looking straight down. Does not look like a davit is prodruding up. I doubt you will even see the lifeboat while sitting down on your balcony. These boats are on 5 obstructing 6 but should not be much of a problemon7. My relatives are in your cabin. Like you we got great pricing. I actually have a a problem with heights and like it having the boats two down.

Deck plans seem to show that 7291 is just aft of the last lifeboat. However, if you look straight down from any of the aft side cabins on decks 6 through 12 you will be looking at either a lifeboat or some other part of deck 5 since deck 5 is somewhat wider than all of these decks. The edge of deck 5 appears to be about 8 or 9 feet beyond the balcony rails of all of these cabins; but this is not really a problem since your view will generally be looking outward rather than straight down.