Upgrade Fairy is Alive and Well

partybarbie

I'm pleased to report that the "Upgrade Fairy" is alive and well. For our upcoming cruise to Alaska, on the Grand Princess, we just received a free upgrade from a category IF (lowest inside cabin) to an OW (obstructed ocean-view). I booked two rooms for the four of us. Both cabins were upgraded, and are next to each other. It's my mom's first cruise to Alaska, and her 75th birthday, so we are all pretty happy, even though it's not a suite. ;)

Congrats on the Upgrade! I received an upsell for Alaska on the Ruby , ob ov to premium balcony, I have never had a balcony and I am so excited!

In Alaska 200 will probably get you invited but you can only bring one guest.

Myself I'm hoping for top 3

Good to know. My aunt is in one cabin, with 200 days, and I'm in the second cabin with just over 600 days. If she gets invited, then all four of us can go. I'll bring my mom as my guest and my aunt will bring my sister as her guest.

Congrats on the Upgrade! I received an upsell for Alaska on the Ruby , ob ov to premium balcony, I have never had a balcony and I am so excited!

Congrats to you too. You will love the balcony for viewing the glaciers and wildlife.

Thank you so much. I think DH and I have a cruise coming up with you in September? I've been remiss on keeping up with the roll calls. We'll have to exchange Alaska stories then. I have my fingers crossed for you to get a nice upgrade/upsell.

Yes we do! We actually booked that sailing because NCL canceled one I was booked on for that same time period. I was just poking through to check on a replacement cruise and booked that 7 night one for the end of Sept. for a smoking deal!! There was tons of availability when I booked but then it seemed like within 2 months, everything was sold out! Anyway, Princess sent out an email and I get so many from all different cruiselines that I usually just have to delete, delete, delete ... but so glad I didn't. There was an Alaska sailing in early Sept that was an even better deal and so booked that one as well and now that one is almost completely sold out, too. I had wished they offered the sailing in between these two for that pricing so we could just do a B2B instead of going home for 10 days only to turn around and re-board the ship ... but that wasn't to be. So, if they offer me a move over, I will jump on it for either sailing. Both bookings were just too good for me to pass up, though and we really don't live too far from the port to go home with time enough to do some laundry. hahaha!!

I am hopeful that for our Alaska cruise, we are actually invited to the MTP event after reading some of the comments in this thread. We've never even come close but have well over 200 days. On our last sailing, which was only a week long, we asked when they were setting up for this and it was starting at those with 400+ days. That made me think I have to double my number of cruises before attending. Who knows, maybe one day I will get in??? :)

Yes we do! We actually booked that sailing because NCL canceled one I was booked on for that same time period. I was just poking through to check on a replacement cruise and booked that 7 night one for the end of Sept. for a smoking deal!! There was tons of availability when I booked but then it seemed like within 2 months, everything was sold out! Anyway, Princess sent out an email and I get so many from all different cruiselines that I usually just have to delete, delete, delete ... but so glad I didn't. There was an Alaska sailing in early Sept that was an even better deal and so booked that one as well and now that one is almost completely sold out, too. I had wished they offered the sailing in between these two for that pricing so we could just do a B2B instead of going home for 10 days only to turn around and re-board the ship ... but that wasn't to be. So, if they offer me a move over, I will jump on it for either sailing. Both bookings were just too good for me to pass up, though and we really don't live too far from the port to go home with time enough to do some laundry. hahaha!!

I am hopeful that for our Alaska cruise, we are actually invited to the MTP event after reading some of the comments in this thread. We've never even come close but have well over 200 days. On our last sailing, which was only a week long, we asked when they were setting up for this and it was starting at those with 400+ days. That made me think I have to double my number of cruises before attending. Who knows, maybe one day I will get in??? :)

The numbers for the MTP are so much higher than they used to be. In 2005, with only 250 days, I actually was the MTP on the entire ship. :eek:It was the seven day Western Caribbean out of Galveston. Even though I usually get invited to the party, I'm not even close to being the most traveled now. :D

We sailed on the Island on the April 19day Pacifc Adventure. Prior to the cruise closing , I saw that almost all the rooms on the aft Aloha and Baja deck were unsold. Took a walk up there on a sea day and all where still unoccupied. No teens, so no prob with teen center, A lot of balcony rooms either people did't want , or Princess decided not to upgrade.

The numbers for the MTP are so much higher than they used to be. In 2005, with only 250 days, I actually was the MTP on the entire ship. :eek:It was the seven day Western Caribbean out of Galveston. Even though I usually get invited to the party, I'm not even close to being the most traveled now. :D

Yes, I think everyone is earning those days at least as quickly as we do .... so now, we have way more competition. Well, maybe one day we'll make it but we do tend to jump around to different cruiselines, though ... so maybe not. We still enjoy our sailings ... party invites or no party invites.

Yes, I think everyone is earning those days at least as quickly as we do .... so now, we have way more competition. Well, maybe one day we'll make it but we do tend to jump around to different cruiselines, though ... so maybe not. We still enjoy our sailings ... party invites or no party invites.

And that’s what counts the most! :D

My goal is to cruise as many days as possible & if there’s a MTP invitation that’s a nice bonus.

I'm so happy for you! :*

I've never received an upgrade and you know what? I'm just so grateful to God for having the ability to just BE on a cruise that I'd still be grateful if I NEVER received a visit from the upgrade fairy. :hearteyes:

And that’s what counts the most! :D

My goal is to cruise as many days as possible & if there’s a MTP invitation that’s a nice bonus.

My thoughts exactly! Any day on the ship is better than what I've been doing this summer (raking foxtails, burn pile, stacking cut wood, watering, laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc :rolleyes:)

I'm so happy for you! :*

I've never received an upgrade and you know what? I'm just so grateful to God for having the ability to just BE on a cruise that I'd still be grateful if I NEVER received a visit from the upgrade fairy. :hearteyes:

Me too! Believe me, they don't happen that often.

We sailed on the Island on the April 19day Pacifc Adventure. Prior to the cruise closing , I saw that almost all the rooms on the aft Aloha and Baja deck were unsold. Took a walk up there on a sea day and all where still unoccupied. No teens, so no prob with teen center, A lot of balcony rooms either people did't want , or Princess decided not to upgrade.

That is strange. I'm wondering if there was a problem with the cabins?

Sorry to hear it wasn't a good experience for you.

We had no knowledge of our upgrade until a couple of days prior to sailing. Already on the other side of the world & just happened to have wifi so I thought I would check emails. Upgrade was at no cost to us & we were fortunate that ours was a good experience.

We upgraded once and it was a downgrade for us. We ended up on the Aloha deck under MUTS. Constant moving of chairs above us and the noise from MUTS and Lido. Never again. We've been called and I tell them we'll only upgrade to the Owner's Suite at no additional cost. Haven't had a call since.:confused:

Sent from my SM-T315T using Tapatalk