Best way to get from cruise port to La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona

mondas42

We don't know your criteria for "best", but the easiest is most certainly by taxi. It's not that expensive -- taxis run on meters and are well regulated. In my opinion, it's worth it to get there quickly and easily.

Hi all

As the title suggest, I’m looking for the best/easiest way to get from the cruise ports to La Sagrada Familia. Taxi, Walking, or public transport?

Thanks.

You would probably be best to do a forum search and see the answers previous cruisers have received for this question.

Much depends on your timing. Walking is not advised but you may want to visit other parts of BCN so a direct taxi may not be "best" for you.

Love the metro in Barcelona. Quick, frequent trains that stop right at the Sagrada. If you have a group, you buy a T-10 ticket and all of you can share the same ticket as you pass the turnstiles.

As we left our ships cruise terminal there was a tourist info desk and staff handing out maps. Help yourself to one of those. All transport is directly outside the building. We were a family of four so opted for a taxi. The cost was €15 last summer and the drive gave us chance to get a good look at the area. Drop off was right outside Sagrada and even though it was about 10am the area was heaving. Book tickets online as entry for our day was sold out completely.

Afterwards we picked a route to walk back towards the port. We headed for Casa Mila and walked from there down to the Columbus statue that stands near the port entrance. Lots to look at in the way. The architecture is fascinating. We found it an easy walk two adults and two teenage boys.

Taxi was 14 euros a few years ago. It is a very long way to walk and as taxi not expensive, probably better than messing about with public transport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Public transport was easy, although I was there 8 years ago and only 19.

I bought a 10 trip pass at the metro station, walked about 15 mins from the cruise port and

took L2 line from Para Lel station to Sagrada

Good way to see the sights, just make a list of the places you want to go and what Lines have stops near them. You can take a line and then transfer to another