Chops -better!

So I’m on Anthem now and had dinner in Chops tonight. The food was significantly improved over my experience a few months ago on Jewel. The steaks were tasty and cooked as ordered. The food came out at an appropriate time. The “shareable” sides were skimpy, but the shrimp was back to being big. Service was okay. Could have been better but wasn’t the nonexistent waiter of the last few visits on other ships. I rate the whole experience above a mid level chain like Texas Roadhouse but still a bit below a high end chain like Ruth’s Chris.

On a different note, thanks to the oh so wonderful parking people in Bayonne and literally stupid Security goon we were delayed in boarding and instead of eating lunch in CK (because it was closed) went to windjammer. Yuck best describes it. Hot and humid in there. Not really any great foods. We left hungry. How hard is it on a new, modern ship to do the calculations right so the air conditioning functions properly??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was always a little skeptical of the Chops quality but on my last two cruises, Chops was actually excellent! I guess it can vary from ship to ship or even day to day but I've really had good meals at Chops and at Giovanni's.

The past few years we have scrapped the Main Dining Room an purchase the dining package. Now, we are not on one of the mega ships, but sail out of Galveston. Chops is good (but, honestly, not as good as Carnival's steakhouse) but Giovanni's is flat out outstanding. And, the same steak prepared in Giovanni's is better!

I am somewhat baffled. Is it normal to come on here whilst on a cruise to complain? Are we supposed to do something about the problem or are we supposed to sympathize? I don't get. SMH

I thought all posts were optional participation, many provide entertainment...often unintentionally. Wouldn’t be much of a forum otherwise.

How hard is it on a new, modern ship to do the calculations right so the air conditioning functions properly

Fairly hard when the doors to the outside are constantly open and letting all the air conditioning out during busy times.

We ate at Chops on our cruise on the Liberty last month. DH was definitely not impressed by his filet. He said that it tasted like liver. My shrimp was OK, but the shrimp I had at Giovanni's Table was better. Next trip we will pass on Chops and book an extra night at Sabor.

The past few years we have scrapped the Main Dining Room an purchase the dining package. Now, we are not on one of the mega ships, but sail out of Galveston. Chops is good (but, honestly, not as good as Carnival's steakhouse) but Giovanni's is flat out outstanding. And, the same steak prepared in Giovanni's is better!

Agree about Giovanni's.

I tried Jamie's on the Anthem

I prefer Giovanni's

We had chops last year on harmony. Not impressed at all. Just got off anthem last week and we tried chops again. It was amazing. We loved it so much we did the BOGO for it the second night too.

... Hot and humid in [Windjammer] ... How hard is it on a new, modern ship to do the calculations right so the air conditioning functions properly??

Fairly hard when the doors to the outside are constantly open and letting all the air conditioning out during busy times.

In 12 cruises on RCI, X and Carnival, I've never felt hot and humid in the cafe. Definitely sounds to me like a problem that needs fixing.

In 12 cruises on RCI, X and Carnival, I've never felt hot and humid in the cafe. Definitely sounds to me like a problem that needs fixing.

I have been on the Anthem for ………………………...many many many many many days, and never found the Windjammer hot OR humid.

So I’m on Anthem now and had dinner in Chops tonight. The food was significantly improved over my experience a few months ago on Jewel. The steaks were tasty and cooked as ordered. The food came out at an appropriate time. The “shareable” sides were skimpy, but the shrimp was back to being big. Service was okay. Could have been better but wasn’t the nonexistent waiter of the last few visits on other ships. I rate the whole experience above a mid level chain like Texas Roadhouse but still a bit below a high end chain like Ruth’s Chris.

On a different note, thanks to the oh so wonderful parking people in Bayonne and literally stupid Security goon we were delayed in boarding and instead of eating lunch in CK (because it was closed) went to windjammer. Yuck best describes it. Hot and humid in there. Not really any great foods. We left hungry. How hard is it on a new, modern ship to do the calculations right so the air conditioning functions properly??

What was the problem with security?

On Anthem chops is in the middle of the ship. No outdoor doors nearby....