Chops -better!

Agree about Giovanni's.

I tried Jamie's on the Anthem

I prefer Giovanni's

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too jaimes was ok but Giovanni’s a was much better. Food and service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am somewhat baffled. Is it normal to come on here whilst on a cruise to complain? Are we supposed to do something about the problem or are we supposed to sympathize? I don't get. SMH

Neither. It helps to give other cruisers an informed opinion so that they can make their choices accordingly.

Chops steak was good last time, most apps and sides were seen in WJ though. Desserts were defrosted frozen from a vendor, disappointing.

Laughable to bill it as best steakhouse at sea. Should call it 'What MDR used to be'. Won't return at full price or package price, but would consider it for $15-20 for dinner, would not pay for lunch; we, and many others, were invited in for lunch day one with our WJ food and the one paying table threw a hissy fit that he paid and we didn't (we weren't eating chops food) and they moved him to another table. Chops lacks a certain ambiance when annexed to the WJ. Still best experience was on Allure, that was very nice, Legend also had a nice chops. Navigator like I said, good steak, saw the rest of the food at buffet during week.

OP< thanks for your report, continue to ignore the snarky bullies on here.

I am somewhat baffled. Is it normal to come on here whilst on a cruise to complain? Are we supposed to do something about the problem or are we supposed to sympathize? I don't get. SMH

Don't shake your head to hard.

It is to give readers the chance to manage expectations and perhaps change their plans based on others' experiences.

I have always found that the specialty restaurants, including chops typically have much better service and the tables and chairs more comfortable. We prefer the feel of a restaurant, vs a ballroom. The food "typically" is better then the MDR or the suite Dining room. However, IMO compared to a fine steak house-like Morton's or Ruth Chris- not nearly on par. More like a Friday's or Chili's.

My DH and I set our expectations at that level and sometimes we are pleasantly surprised. Our best experience is on Celebrity at the lawn grill which is available only on the Reflection and Silhouette.

Would rather be on a cruise eating mediocre food then at home in a gourmet restaurant! We also manage to gain a few pounds after each cruise- but I also attribute that to alcohol!!

I have always found that the specialty restaurants, including chops typically have much better service and the tables and chairs more comfortable. We prefer the feel of a restaurant, vs a ballroom. The food "typically" is better then the MDR or the suite Dining room. However, IMO compared to a fine steak house-like Morton's or Ruth Chris- not nearly on par. More like a Friday's or Chili's.

My DH and I set our expectations at that level and sometimes we are pleasantly surprised. Our best experience is on Celebrity at the lawn grill which is available only on the Reflection and Silhouette.

Would rather be on a cruise eating mediocre food then at home in a gourmet restaurant! We also manage to gain a few pounds after each cruise- but I also attribute that to alcohol!!

We will be cruising on Allure of the seas in March of 2019. We are planning on eating at Chops for dinner, was the price still $35 pp? And does Chops on Allure open for lunch and dinner?

And one last question, do you know of a web site where I can find the price and menu of Allure's speciality restaurants? Thanks.

We will be cruising on Allure of the seas in March of 2019. We are planning on eating at Chops for dinner, was the price still $35 pp? And does Chops on Allure open for lunch and dinner?

And one last question, do you know of a web site where I can find the price and menu of Allure's speciality restaurants? Thanks.

All that information is available on your Cruise Planner when you login and view your booking.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Yes you must have an actual reservation to access the cruise planner. From time to time the line will offer discounted rates. we book a package, depending upon the ship, of at least 4 specialty dinners. in addition if the price drops further before your cruise, you can call the cruise line and rebook the package at a lower rate if you like.