Build a Bear Qs

ladybub101

How much is the Build a Bear and is it the same as what you would find at Build a Bear stores or do they put a twist on it?

I bought one and added a little shirt. the total was about 31 dollars.they put a heart in it and it included a birth certificate. I still havent named mine lol. I got the shark.

We did not. they had the machines to stuff the animals.

It’s not the same as the store version. They give you a box of stuffing and you have to hand stuff the bear yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It’s not the same as the store version. They give you a box of stuffing and you have to hand stuff the bear yourself.

Wow, which ship was this on?

I've seen a machine on each ship we've been on. My son just got one, it has a Carnival shirt, he bought some shoes, some pants, and our total was $47.

Wow, which ship was this on?

I've seen a machine on each ship we've been on. My son just got one, it has a Carnival shirt, he bought some shoes, some pants, and our total was $47.

We go to BAB all the time. We have at least 100 bears. I think $47 is reasonable for everything you got. That is about what we pay when we build a bear at a store.

We go to BAB all the time. We have at least 100 bears. I think $47 is reasonable for everything you got. That is about what we pay when we build a bear at a store.

At home, we don't shop in stores. 100% of our shopping comes from online shopping. Electronics, toys, clothes, groceries, etc. We don't go to any brick and mortar store for any reason with the exception of the gas station nearby if we run out of milk or bread. I honestly have no idea what they cost at a store. My son said he wanted one and we had some down time so we went there and he had a good time. He loved making it and picking out the clothes for it. I do think $47 is steep for a stuffed animal but the look on his face when he was finished was worth it. He was so happy! I do whatever I can to make my kids happy. They're only little once.

It's typical BAB prices, maybe a little cheaper. My kids both bought bears, an outfit, an accessory and got the included backpacks and I think the total was 100 for both. I think it would have cost more in the store, but we don't go often so I can't say. They saved up their money to go, so I let them buy whatever they wanted. It's the same machine as in the store, but crowded and I thought not worth the money but they enjoyed it. The "party" part is cute cookies and a few snacks.

They had the stuffing machines on our December 2017 cruise. I got the Carnival Bear and my little guy got The Cat In The Hat. I've done the regular store multiple times and found the prices to be similar. The staff certainly made this experience fun for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Carnival originally started with a BAB knockoff that they called "Build-a-Bear" that had to be hand stuffed. I think that due to trademark infringement they changed the name to Bear Cuddly. They have since partnered with the real BAB and have small, portable stuffing machines onboard.

So it depends on the ship then? What ships did you all sail on? I thought it would be a store, but it seems like an event they only do once?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From my experience, it’s usually on twice, once and the beginning and once at the end.

It’s not a store, the Camp Carnival staff will set up in a location (we have been everywhere from the Camp rooms and lounges).

They will take you name as you walk in, and call up names, a few at a time. You select your bear and outfit, go to the stuffing station, then to the stitching up table and finally payment.

While waiting they will have cookies and drinks with a little heart ceremony (you have to rub the little heart they give you, like on your knee, because the bear will always need you etc).

Lots of fun. My girls save their money so they can buy 1 on every cruise, and name them depending on what the cruise is (Jaymie/Jamaica, Caymie/Cayman Island, Isla/Isla Roatan, Suva/Fiji and the list goes on.

The hardest part for us was when we travelled the US for 4 months, we did 4 cruises.......and had to lug 8 bears back home!

Just be forewarned (at least on our cruise) that it will be CROWDED, so get there early if you want a good selection. People were acting like animals. There is a system; it's supposed to be first come, first served, first selection, etc. People were not following the rules, and were grabbing the unstuffed animal skins before it was their turn. My son missed out on getting the animal he wanted because of rude people who are only out for themselves. It was just a zoo, and I don't think the staff was able to handle how rude some of the parents were acting.

The prices are comparable to BaB stores. There are also opportunities to win a free bear onboard. They feature some unique bears, like Cat in the Hat, that I haven't seen in store. Granted, I don't go to BaB frequently. My son was thrilled to get a Cat in the Hat since we did the Seuss breakfast. It was his travel buddy all week.