Why are the Princess theaters so small?

claytonktyu

I don't think that getting to the theater 30 minutes early is such a major problem or inconvenience. Just sit and have a drink or just relax while you wait for the performance to begin. Even when we go to a theater with reserved seats we arrive at least 30 minutes before the show. There is nothing more annoying than people showing up last minute and forcing people to get up so that they can get to their seats.

All I can say is BRAVO!

I don't think that getting to the theater 30 minutes early is such a major problem or inconvenience. Just sit and have a drink or just relax while you wait for the performance to begin. Even when we go to a theater with reserved seats we arrive at least 30 minutes before the show. There is nothing more annoying than people showing up last minute and forcing people to get up so that they can get to their seats.

When we are on cruises we do not normally want to deal with long queues and getting to places 30 or more minutes early. As to making folks get up...my goodness you are in a theater. If you arrive 30 minutes early then sit in the middle of a row so you are not disturbed. If you choose to sit near the end of a row then you should expect to be "disturbed" by anyone trying to sit in your row. In a sense you are "forcing" yourself to get up when you knowingly take a seat that blocks most other empty seats. What is really annoying are those folks that arrive early, take seats at the end of a row...and then act like they resent everyone else who wants to sit in that row.

For us, we practice what we call "queue avoidance" which is actually quite easy on most cruises. By eating dinner around 8 we actually avoid most of the problems in the MDR and at the theater. Even at lunch time (on a sea day) we will often go to lunch around 12:45 when there is not much of a queue. We can never understand why some folks will that wait in line for 20 minutes so they can be among the first into the MDR for lunch. But I suppose that some folks always must be first :).

A few years ago we were on the Regal when we decided to go to the wine tasting (free for Elites) which was at 2pm in the MDR. We walked down to the MDR around 1:50 and there was a long line all the way out to the atrium. The line was moving very slowly, so we simply sat down at the International Cafe and had an iced coffee as the line slowly moved. About 15 minutes later when the line was almost gone we simply walked right into the wine tasting, were seated just like those who had stood in line for more then 20 minutes, and had the same experience.

We have never understood why some folks seem to love spending much of their time waiting in lines but each to their own.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

The problem I mentioned, about arriving early, is that this a problem when wanting to relax and see a show AFTER dining. This seems to be a real challenge.

Isn't early seating the most requested. We keep and normal or somewhat early schedule... And I have not desire to sit and eat a large meal that lasts until 10:00 at night.

I can assure everyone that this has nothing to do with wanting to be 'first' !

On cruises with an older age demographic, then I think this is probably a bigger issue/factor.

We might actually plan to forego the MDR on the evenings where we want to see one of the better shows.

We did do late seating on our last cruise, because it was port intensive, and we wanted to see ALASKA and not have to be back onboard early to get ready to go to dinner. Yes, it seemed really, really, late. And impacted our cruise. But, the dining room was never, ever, full... which I am sure helped to insure the excellent dining experience that we enjoyed!!!