Advice and experiences with data sim purchased in Denmark for Roaming

I'm interested in recent experiences people have had with mobile network data sims purchased in Denmark for roaming in EU/EAA. Copenhagen is our first city where we embark. We realise that data is capped on these sims but can anyone tell me what the speed is like in the Baltics and Scandinavia?

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

We did purchase a simm card from LycaMobile in the CPH airport. They have many, many stores selling them too. It worked very, very well for me. It worked while at sea quite often and worked perfect in every port but Russia - go figure. I think I paid about $15 for a 4 gig sim. I was surprised how much data I got, but I was also careful to never leave the data turned on my phone.

If you do purchase one, when you get to Russia you will likely get an error saying that you used all your data. I switched to my second fresh simm card and got the same message. Once we sailed away from Russia the service resumed perfectly. So, don't freak if you see the message.

A prepaid sim card bought in Denmark will only work in EU + Norway - not in Russia. There are many providers.

Data roaming will work perfectly when you are on or close to land - not on the ship on the open sea.

We did purchase a simm card from LycaMobile in the CPH airport. They have many, many stores selling them too. It worked very, very well for me. It worked while at sea quite often and worked perfect in every port but Russia - go figure. I think I paid about $15 for a 4 gig sim. I was surprised how much data I got, but I was also careful to never leave the data turned on my phone.

If you do purchase one, when you get to Russia you will likely get an error saying that you used all your data. I switched to my second fresh simm card and got the same message. Once we sailed away from Russia the service resumed perfectly. So, don't freak if you see the message.

Thanks for this - that is the brand I am looking at and just wanted to hear from some others about service. We go from Copenhagen to Baltics Fjords then down to Barcelona via Southampton, total 23 days onboard.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Thanks for this- ship internet is quite expensive as we have 23 days on board MSC Preziosa and based on a previous cruise on Viking can be very slow! We will just have to go without on sea days and at night.

A prepaid sim card bought in Denmark will only work in EU + Norway - not in Russia. There are many providers.

Data roaming will work perfectly when you are on or close to land - not on the ship on the open sea.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...