Orlando Post Cruise Harry Potter World?

SBthud326

Hello! I was just wondering if it would be possible for us to get off the ship and head over to Universal Studios/Harry Potter World for the day? We are planning on flying home the following day, just curious if this is actually doable. Thanks for any guidance!

perfectly doable if we're talking Port Canaveral

Universal is about an hour away from the port

best bet is to rent a car

note that to do all of the Harry P stuff you must buy the 'both parks' ticket as HP spans Studios and Islands of Adventure ….

how crowded will it be is a different question ...

We did a one day park visit during a port visit; being able to stay late into the evening will give you even more time! :cool:

I also suggest a car rental - all of the agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach offer shuttles from the port. Bring a few dollars in quarters for the tolls.

Yes and Potter Land is beyond awesome. Personally, I would stay at one of the on-site properties so you can stay until closing. Also if you stay at some of the on-site hotels they will include the "VIP" pass or head of the line pass. We found that very helpful in avoiding lines if your time is limited. However, it didn't apply to the HP ride (not sure if that's changed). It's been a few years since we were there but I recall you did have to buy the two park pass to access HPL or at least ride the Hogworth Express between the two parks. That might have changed or not be important based upon the cost.

Yes and Potter Land is beyond awesome. Personally, I would stay at one of the on-site properties so you can stay until closing. Also if you stay at some of the on-site hotels they will include the "VIP" pass or head of the line pass. We found that very helpful in avoiding lines if your time is limited. However, it didn't apply to the HP ride (not sure if that's changed). It's been a few years since we were there but I recall you did have to buy the two park pass to access HPL or at least ride the Hogworth Express between the two parks. That might have changed or not be important based upon the cost.

I just checked the Universal www site and the "Universal Express Pass" does now include the HP ride. However, you do have to buy the "Park to Park" pass to ride the Hogwart Express between Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure (where HP land is located).

I am not a HP fan, never read a book or watched a movie. But HPL is awesome and I was duly impressed.

We stayed at the Royal Pacific on the club floor, which was very nice as it included a club lounge with breakfast, cocktails and heavy appetizers each night.

Gringott's has single rider lines, and according to this (https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/universal-express-pass/), HP rides are now included in Express passes. Understand, missing a lot of the queue means missing a lot of the attraction. FWIW, we've always found taking the Hogwarts Express from Universal to Islands of Adventure to be the shorter wait.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk