Mahogany bay, excrusion with small children

JenniX

My fiance, and I will be cruising with our 1, 4, and 10 year old, my mother and her husband. My fiance, and I would like to book the jet ski excursion, and let the kids, my mother, and her husband play and watch us on the beach, and meet up with them when we're finished. Has anyone done this before? Are they able to watch us on the beach? Does anyone know if this excursion is in walking distance from the ship.

Or, can anyone recommend a excursion in Belize, Cozmel, grand Cayman. That he, and I can have an action packed excursion, and the rest of the family can stay close by until we're finished.

We just got off of the same western itinerary. Here's what I recommend (we have a 6 year old as well as a teenager)

Roatan - Rony's is FANTASTIC for tours. Get a private tour and do whatever it is you want to do. Personally with the kids, I'd recommend going to Daniel Johnson's sloth and monkey hangout. The kids would love the sloth and monkeys. It's a FANTASTIC place.

Belize - King David Castillo is again, FANTASTIC. Get a private tour with him. Explore Belize, go to the Howler Monkey Sanctuary and see the howler monkeys in the wild, in their natural habitat, not a zoo. The monkeys will come down from the trees and eat out of your hand. It's an awesome experience. My kids LOVED it.

Cozumel - Mr. Sancho's is great. You can pay as you go or $55 for adults and $35 for kids for all inclusive. All you can eat/drink and the beach is great.

Grand Cayman - We're going there for the first time next month but we're going to Hell, shopping, eating and spending the day at 7 Mile Beach.

My fiance, and I will be cruising with our 1, 4, and 10 year old, my mother and her husband. My fiance, and I would like to book the jet ski excursion, and let the kids, my mother, and her husband play and watch us on the beach, and meet up with them when we're finished. Has anyone done this before? Are they able to watch us on the beach? Does anyone know if this excursion is in walking distance from the ship.

Or, can anyone recommend a excursion in Belize, Cozmel, grand Cayman. That he, and I can have an action packed excursion, and the rest of the family can stay close by until we're finished.

You also could look at an island tour (customized with things that interest all from sloths to zip lining) with Victor Bodden or Island Marketing.

You also could look at an island tour (customized with things that interest all from sloths to zip lining) with Victor Bodden or Island Marketing.

Victor Bodden and Rony's are the top 2 tour operators in Roatan. Island Marketing is just a broker, not an actual operator.

If you are on a Carnival, Princess or Holland America, they have the Carnival owned dock. A easy 10 minute walk from the dock to Mahogany beach where they have 100's free lounges, 60% under the trees for shade. The best beach in the Caribbean and good snorkeling off the dock. Carnival also has a chairlift for those that don't care to walk from the ship dock to the beach. An All day pass for the chairlift is around $10.00. Paddle boards, kayaks and sail boats and I believe jet skies can be rented in the lagoon right before the entrance to the Beach. No beaches in Belize but there are many tours to snorkeling sites where they do have beaches. Cave Tubing and Zip Line tours or the combination of both are very popular in Belize.

We used Victor Bodden both times we were in Roatan and they were amazing! And cheap!! Leave the kids at Camp Ocean if you can in Belize and enjoy the tubing or do like we did and take a rum tour. Another option for Cozumel is Paradise Beach. It’s $3 to get in and $18 if you use the water toys. They also offer other services I believe and have a fantastic pool!!

Grand Caymen - don't miss Stingray City.

I prefer Capt Marvin's tours, but lately they have been hit or miss depending on the individual guide on the boat.

(4 tours, 3 with Capt M, plus friends who have gone with them on my recommendation)

If you are on a Carnival, Princess or Holland America, they have the Carnival owned dock. A easy 10 minute walk from the dock to Mahogany beach where they have 100's free lounges, 60% under the trees for shade. The best beach in the Caribbean and good snorkeling off the dock. Carnival also has a chairlift for those that don't care to walk from the ship dock to the beach. An All day pass for the chairlift is around $10.00. Paddle boards, kayaks and sail boats and I believe jet skies can be rented in the lagoon right before the entrance to the Beach. No beaches in Belize but there are many tours to snorkeling sites where they do have beaches. Cave Tubing and Zip Line tours or the combination of both are very popular in Belize.

Mahogany Bay the best beach in the Caribbean? You are INSANE!!!

One of the best beaches in the Caribbean is on the other side of the island. You can snorkel the Mesoamerican Reef from the shore. Mahogany Bay is a sorry excuse for a beach [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, I don't share this poster's opinion of MB as the "best beach in the Caribbean". Here's my view: I rank it as the worst beach on Roatan. Crowded, slimy limestone sand, cloudy water and totally man made.

I've been coming to Roatan since 2003, and have stayed on the isle for land vacations twice. I remember when MB was undeveloped, then made into something called Coral Cay before Carnival leased the property and built their shopping corral.

The best thing I can say about MB is that the trees they eventually planted on the "beach" have begun to grow and can provide some cover. Also, the mangrove nursery that you can see from the dock now provides some trees to replace some of Carnival's "development" that destroyed much of the natural Caribbean flora.

I can name about 100 Caribbean beaches that IMO, are totally better than MB's. The poster is entitled to their opinion, I just don't share it. I'll go to Maya Key, Little French Key and Tabayana before I spend a minute on MB. I do agree with the poster that MB is "cheap".

I had to seriously laugh out loud when I saw that they said the man made crappy beach was the best in the Caribbean. OMG. Not even close! Maybe if that’s the only place you have ever been or you work for Carnival and are trying to drum up business!

I LOVE Little French Key. It’s perfect for kids with various different little beach areas and water that stays shallow for a good ways so they can stand and play with no problems. It’s also sheltered from the wind. They have a bunch of mostly rescued animals including monkeys, birds, deer, jaguars, etc. You can even hold the monkeys and it’s included in your fee. Transportation is free and you can come and go at your leisure. We’ve been there 3 times and I plan to go back. It’s the perfect place. I’ve brought close to 200 people there and all but 1 said it was the highlight of their cruise and they can’t wait to go back. Trust me you won’t be disappointed! Check out TripAdvisor and some of my Glory reviews. Also feel free to email me with any additional questions. My email is in my signature.

I had to seriously laugh out loud when I saw that they said the man made crappy beach was the best in the Caribbean. OMG. Not even close! Maybe if that’s the only place you have ever been or you work for Carnival and are trying to drum up business!

I LOLed also. In all fairness though, this was probably their first cruise and the only beach they've been to in the Caribbean so they have nothing to compare it to. Roatan is great if you get away from the man-made cruise port of Mahogany Bay and I love it there but it's far from being the best beach in the Caribbean.

While Mahogany Bay was a port I'd done and had no interest in going back to, kids change things. IMO it was a great stop to take my small kid to the beach. No taxi , just a quick walk to a beach to let the kid play and then right back to the boat when we were finished.

While Mahogany Bay was a port I'd done and had no interest in going back to, kids change things. IMO it was a great stop to take my small kid to the beach. No taxi , just a quick walk to a beach to let the kid play and then right back to the boat when we were finished.

Exactly, easy for kids, and the kids don't know any better anyway, esp. if they are brand new to cruising. What we are laughing about is the assertion that MB is the best beach in the Caribbean.....hahahahahahahahahLOLLOLLOL.