Need Some Recent Information for AOS and Port Liberty

We are going on a family cruise June 29 on Adventure of the Seas. We have never been on this ship or at Port Liberty. RCCL tells me that we will use our boarding pass to board the ship and our keys will be in our rooms. When do they take our pictures and scan our credit card?

Will they have luggage tags available at the pier? Should we have one printed off to show them? Do we actually enter a building prior to boarding the ship like we do at other ports?

We plan to take a couple of UBERs to the ship from our hotel, and arrive at about 11:30. Will they drop us at some "special" place?

We also plan to take a couple of UBERs from ship to EWR. When should we call for the UBER? We plan to leave the ship about 9:00. Have any of you had difficulty getting an UBER at the Port? The car services wanted a LOT of money to take us.

Since I am "hosting" the family, can I order more than one UBER? We will have 6 adults, 2 children, and all of the luggage. Any information/advice is welcome. This is the first cruise for all of them, so I am trying to make sure I am up to date on the procedures. Thank you.

They take photos and scan your CC at check-in. You should be able to download your luggage tags from Royal's website, or if you like, have the porters make tags for you at the terminal building. You still enter the terminal building to go through security and check-in.

What do you mean the key will be in your room? The sea pass card? I would be interested to know how that works as well. We are going on AOS out of cape Liberty in July.

The room keys will be in an envelope affixed to the outside of the stateroom.

We are going on a family cruise June 29 on Adventure of the Seas. We have never been on this ship or at Port Liberty. RCCL tells me that we will use our boarding pass to board the ship and our keys will be in our rooms. When do they take our pictures and scan our credit card?

Will they have luggage tags available at the pier? Should we have one printed off to show them? Do we actually enter a building prior to boarding the ship like we do at other ports?

We plan to take a couple of UBERs to the ship from our hotel, and arrive at about 11:30. Will they drop us at some "special" place?

We also plan to take a couple of UBERs from ship to EWR. When should we call for the UBER? We plan to leave the ship about 9:00. Have any of you had difficulty getting an UBER at the Port? The car services wanted a LOT of money to take us.

Since I am "hosting" the family, can I order more than one UBER? We will have 6 adults, 2 children, and all of the luggage. Any information/advice is welcome. This is the first cruise for all of them, so I am trying to make sure I am up to date on the procedures. Thank you.

If Adventure is working the same as Anthem does out of Cape Liberty, you upload pictures and input your credit card information as part of your check in process. You also print a separate set sail pass for each member of your party, there should be a print button next to each person's name after you do your online check in. You can have pictures taken at the terminal instead if you don't upload your own pictures. Each person will then use their setsail pass to check in at Cape Liberty and someone will stamp each set sail pass. Sea pass cards will be in an envelope in the cabin or outside the cabin door.

You will board using your set sail pass and can use the set sail pass to purchase items on the ship or use any prepurchased drink packages prior to getting your sea pass cards at your cabin.

We also plan to take a couple of UBERs from ship to EWR. When should we call for the UBER? We plan to leave the ship about 9:00. Have any of you had difficulty getting an UBER at the Port?

I was on a cruise on Adventure a week ago. I was able to find a Uber driver that would take me from a hotel near EWR, and the cost with tip was less than $20. But---the driver told me that he could not pick me up, but didn't say why other than he couldn't pick up at the port.

I tried to get Uber once I left the ship and no Uber would accept the trip back to EWR. I tried several times and had no luck.

I was already out of the terminal and had to get to the airport for my flight.

Luckily, a couple had a car service there and they offered to let me share with them. Cost me $45, including tip to get back to EWR. That driver said that Uber is not allowed to pick up passengers--something involving the taxis and their contract with the port.

While that may not be accurate, I do know that I was not able to get Uber to come to the pier for me.

YMMV.

Also--when you do the online check-in, you can download a photo. However, even though I had used that same photo for another cruise, at this port they said it wasn't a good photo and they quickly took another one. Not a huge issue.

Have a great cruise.

What do you mean the key will be in your room? The sea pass card? I would be interested to know how that works as well. We are going on AOS out of cape Liberty in July.

Recently off the Adventure. Our key cards were outside our stateroom. You will check-in with your boarding pass and when you get on the ship they will scan it.

We disembarked Adventure today. We had originally planned to uber, but realizing the logistics of uber with a large party, we ended booking private transfers with Dial7. I didn't want to chance it with not knowing if my party of 5 and all our luggage would fit in 1 Uber XL. Also, I'd heard uber had been on surge pricing during embark/disembark at Cape Liberty for previous sailings, so not sure if the cost savings would have been worth the hassle.

We were pleased with Dial7. They were early picking up for embark, a few minutes late at disembark. But extremely clean vehicles and kind drivers. And still cheaper than RCCL transfers.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

If you carry your luggage off the ship what time can you be walking off? I was planning on taking an uber but now I think I am going to book Dial7.

The first self-assist people normally start walking off around 45 minutes after arrival.

We had an Uber car last time in Cape Liberty. Our friends got off the ship around 8 and when we got off, maybe 9, our Uber fare was almost 2x what our friends paid to go to the same place. We don't plan to Uber from Cape Liberty again unless we are among the first group off. We did not have any issues finding the car and driver though.

We had an Uber car last time in Cape Liberty. Our friends got off the ship around 8 and when we got off, maybe 9, our Uber fare was almost 2x what our friends paid to go to the same place. We don't plan to Uber from Cape Liberty again unless we are among the first group off. We did not have any issues finding the car and driver though.

I still think its cheaper than parking. We live about 25-30 minutes from Cape Liberty, have 4 adults and 2 kids. I know we can't really fit everything and everyone into one UberXL, so we decided that my wife and I with my two kids are going to park there, and have my parents take an UberX. Its a decision I had to make, given the fact that it'll cost me about $40+ for the XL car to get there plus surge pricing on the way back, I'm ahead of the game at $140 for the week, plus having the added ease of having my vehicle right there when I get off the ship is peace of mind....Either way, bottom line is, not sweating the small stuff, paying enough for the cruise, what's another couple of extra bucks for added convenience...