Havana Interior vs Havana Balcony....need help deciding..

mrlddst

So I have been debating this in my mind since I booked my cruise on the Horizon last week. I booked an Havana Interior because I really like the idea of the limited use of the Havana pool during the day. However, I haven't been in an interior since my 1st cruise 15 yrs ago and I have booked only balconies ever since. I'm not thrilled about the Havana extended balconies because they seem to have no privacy at all either. The price difference is about $800. The crazy thing is, my husband and I aren't huge balcony users but I have always loved the idea of being able to go outside without having to go to the lido or anywhere outside of my cabin if necessary. I keep telling myself, it will be okay because "Hey, at least on your the ship." But I can't shake the thought of having no natural sunlight and no extra closet space, no couch, no table...no bueno. I'm I crazy....Penny for your thoughts???

So I have been debating this in my mind since I booked my cruise on the Horizon last week. I booked an Havana Interior because I really like the idea of the limited use of the Havana pool during the day. However, I haven't been in an interior since my 1st cruise 15 yrs ago and I have booked only balconies ever since. I'm not thrilled about the Havana extended balconies because they seem to have no privacy at all either. The price difference is about $800. The crazy thing is, my husband and I aren't huge balcony users but I have always loved the idea of being able to go outside without having to go to the lido or anywhere outside of my cabin if necessary. I keep telling myself, it will be okay because "Hey, at least on your the ship." But I can't shake the thought of having no natural sunlight and no extra closet space, no couch, no table...no bueno. I'm I crazy....Penny for your thoughts???

If you plan and spending a lot of time at Havana area pool then I would go with the inside and save the $800.00 As a matter of fact I am booked in an Havana inside 8/28 cruise

We'd only ever had balconies, and had an extended aft Havana balcony on the Vista. Just got back from a Havana interior on the Horizon. As our first interior, it wasn't that bad! Did we miss being able to pop our heads out and see what the weather was like? Sure. If it comes down to Havana interior vs. balcony and having $800? We'd chose the interior every time. Set the tv to the webcams when you wake up, because then you can see what the weather was like. We found that the aft extended was WAY too hot for our liking and barely used it. With the interior, we definitely used the havana area more, even when we weren't in the sun/in the pool (they have nice comfy chairs to sit in and read and it's uuuuusually pretty quiet).

Lol....its so hard to decide. My husband doesn't even know what an interior is like, he has never been in one. The only addtl plus I could think of besides having access to the Havana pool, is the great sleep we would get.

I had a Havana balcony on Vista last year because it was the only Havana type of cabin that was available. I would have been happier in an inside because I would have saved a ton of money. With so much time spent not in the room, balconies aren't worth it to me. Mom couldn't hardly stay out there either because it was so hot with no shelter so it went for the most part unused. On deck 5 you will be close to the action and can quickly get to the aft Havana area. Save the $800. That's almost a whole other cruise!

It's your $$$.

We have done several cruises, most of them with an interior cabin. We have done oceanview a couple times and a balcony once. We spend so much time outside the room that we are fine with the interior cabin. The darkness also helps with sleeping at night (or an occasional daytime nap!). We are booked for a Havana interior on the Panorama in February, 2020. The price difference between interior and balcony/cabana was crazy. The price difference almost pays for another cruise or allows us to splurge on the Cheers package so we can enjoy drinks in the Havana area whenever we want.

I'm the same way, i'll never book an inside even if they were free.

We mostly book balconies, but if an ocean view is a lot less, and the location is good, we will book the OV:D.

I would absolutely give the interior a try. You said you don't use the balcony, but like being able to go outside without climbing through Lido. Havana would probably be the next best thing as you are much closer to the pool (which of course, is more private). Also, if you don't like it as much, it's not going to ruin your vacation. You'll know what to book next time. Who knows, maybe this will be your new favorite, and maybe you will save lots of money in the future.

I’m with you. I keep saying we’re going to try an interior then Book a balcony. We’re not sun people but I want the bigger cabin with sofa. We do, at times, cabin dwell and oddly that tends to be on the sofa and not the balcony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in a Havana Cabana on the Vista last year and didn't really use the patio very much. I booked us one of the wrap Havana balconies for our Horizon cruise in March of next year. Last week I changed that to a Havana interior and saved $2120! That will be Cheers and our airfare cost. I just couldn't see spending so much when we know we love the Havana area and will want to hang out there most days when we're not off of the ship.

On the Vista last month, the only area off limits to the rest of the ship were the Havana pool, and the areas near the balconies! And after 7pm, that area was open to everyone!

So not too certain what the big deal is, the Havana pool area is smallish, and no more less crowded then the free Serenity area!

The Havana balcony people we talked too liked them because the balconies were much longer then regular balconies, but that took away some of their cabin size!

On the Vista last month, the only area off limits to the rest of the ship were the Havana pool, and the areas near the balconies! And after 7pm, that area was open to everyone!

So not too certain what the big deal is, the Havana pool area is smallish, and no more less crowded then the free Serenity area!

The Havana balcony people we talked too liked them because the balconies were much longer then regular balconies, but that took away some of their cabin size!

It is WAY less crowded during the day than Serenity. There were always plenty of loungers open as well as the clamshell types. At the busiest time which was the last sea day I would venture to say there were no more than 30 people there at once. I have never seen Serenity that empty on a sea day on any ship.

if money is not the issue, go for the balcony, we will not sail in a large coffin. Coffee, danish, juice and fruit delivered via room service, eating it on the balcony is heaven.

Edited by coevan
sp

It is WAY less crowded during the day than Serenity. There were always plenty of loungers open as well as the clamshell types. At the busiest time which was the last sea day I would venture to say there were no more than 30 people there at once. I have never seen Serenity that empty on a sea day on any ship.

Maybe, but its a lot more money in Havana area for space around a pool for 2 sea days before 7pm, I can retreat to my 'much less expensive' balcony on those 2 sea days before 7pm, or find a quiet spot on deck away from the pools!

But, each their own!:D

Maybe, but its a lot more money in Havana area for space around a pool for 2 sea days before 7pm, I can retreat to my 'much less expensive' balcony on those 2 sea days before 7pm, or find a quiet spot on deck away from the pools!

I agree everyone is different. I spent the majority of the cruise back in Havana and no time on my balcony. Havana is the only way I would do a Vista class. So I would rather save the money by getting an inside instead of a balcony. I was hardly in the cabin anyway and I love insides. They don’t feel like a coffin, and this is coming from someone who is claustrophobic. I don’t miss the sofa, either. Havana is the best!

I love inside cabins, and we've done balconies, OV, and interiors. Love the quiet and great sleeping. We have Havana insides booked on Panorama New Year's cruise 2019 and can't wait. The difference in price to balcony was crazy, and I book cabins like I'd buy real estate. Smartest buy is cheapest cabin (house) on ship (neighborhood) you want to live in.

if money is not the issue, go for the balcony, we will not sail in a large coffin. Coffee, danish, juice and fruit delivered via room service, eating it on the balcony is heaven.

Now that is a 1st. I've never heard it referred to that way but I see your point.

Hubby booked a surprise cruise for my birthday. A Havana Aft Extended balcony! I did some checking around, at the last minute & scored a Havana wrap around balcony for the same price! It always pays to check!

Had a Havana premium balcony on the Vista because I normally spend a lot of time on balconies. I found myself spending my nights in the hot tubs on Havana deck instead of my balcony.

We had 10 steps to the back stairwell, down one flight and another 10 steps to Havana pool area.

Really enjoyed that pool area, favourite part of the ship.

Mornings we'd go into the Havana bar for coffee and enjoy the Cuban breakfast items while eating outside...good (much different from regular breakfast items elsewhere) food, steps from our cabin and zero crowds.

Only downside was the trumpet player warming up between sets at night....wow, it was like he was in our cabin it was so loud.

Well, you can keep the Havana area after 700 PM, because by that time I would have enjoyed happy hour at the Alchemy Bar and I will be enjoying dinner in the MDR or one of the specialties. The Havana area also has two hot tubs in addition to the pool and zero rug rats running around or using the hot tubs with masks and snorkels. I'll pay the upgrade for an inside Havana and it'll still be cheaper than your balcony. And why would you need to "find a quiet spot on deck away from the pools", you have that with your balcony that you paid good money for.