bringing wine on board

boco5

My wife and I were on the 12/19 sailing of the Legend. I have read many things on this board about bringing wine on the ship. I carried six bottles (3 white and 3 red) and an 18 pack of water on board and no one said a thing. We had no problems going through with all of that. They were carried on, not in my packed luggage. I asked my cabin attendant to empty the refrigerator and she did, no questions asked. I gave her a $20 bill when we first saw her and from then on we got anything we wanted.

So go ahead, take a chance. Carry as much as you want on to the ship. They probably won't say a thing.

Happy cruising.

I called customer service a couple of days before sailing and person I spoke to said a one bottle per person. Since it gave no amount on any document we recedived, I figured I would take a chance. If they would have stopped me I would have fought tooth and nail ito get it all on board since there was no written limit on what you could carry on.

I had heard there was a new policy regarding bringing wine on board, but obviously you did fine. I always like a glass of wine while dressing for dinner, and will bring a bottle or two on our cruise in May.:D

There's a big difference between bringing two bottles on board as opposed to half a dozen. What you did is fine. As a Carnival stockholder, though, I resent those who load their suitcases with enough booze to supply a platoon!

My wife and I like to have a cocktail on our balcony before dinner and sit out for a while with a glass of wine before cgoing to sleep. Also at sailaway we sometime stay on our balcony instead of going up on deck. Out of the six bottles I carried aboard, I had one bottle of red left at the ednd of the cruise.

I never carry my own wine to the dining room.

Do the "rules" say anything about bringing beer onboard? Last year my husband packed a 12 pk of beer and some soda waters in our luggage and nothing was said. He actually asked someone at the pursers desk if he could buy some more beer while we were in Key West and bring it onboard....and they told him "yes" just not to bring back more than 12 cans.....He did buy it and broght back 12 cans of beer frmo Key West.. This was on Royal Caribbean though..Is Carnival more strict.

Do the "rules" say anything about bringing beer onboard? ..........This was on Royal Caribbean though..Is Carnival more strict.

Apparently so. Beer and liquor is not allowed to be brought on board at the port of embarkation or any other port. If they see it' date=' it WILL be confiscated and returned to you on the last evening.[/b']

You may bring wine and soft drinks without a problem.

i have taken two boxes of wine on in my checked bag. wrapped in a zip-lock bag and covered with a towel just in case it gets a leak. in my carry on i have a 12 pack of diet pepsi and no one has ever said a thing. i have the steward empty the fridge and i put the '' bladder '' of wine and a few cans of pop in at a time to keep it chilled. no questions asked. i also order bottles of wine for dinner before i go on the cruise so it will not add up the bill of my sail and sign bill. works great for me and saves me money. i never take on water. the water on the ship is very good and purified like bottled water is. so i save money there also. i just fill up my thermal cup with a lid and add ice from the wine bucket in the cabin. easy as pie. have a great time.

I too have taken a box of wine on in the past. I just packed it in the suitcase, and it traveled fine. We were with a larger group so this was shared between everyone while we were in the cabins. Of course, we still ordered our drinks from the waiters or at the pool bars.

Of course you are allowed to carry on wine, as well as soft drinks.

I choose to put my wine in my checked luggage. I'm a small woman, and those bottles are just too heavy for me to take in my carryon.;)

Normally I don't post on any alcohol threads (although I enjoy reading them ;) ) but I got my confirmation for my April cruise today. Under Additional Notes it says "Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board the ship while docked in the port of embarkation." I don't remember this from previous confirmations, and we have brought on a couple of bottles of wine in the past. Is this a recent change on the confirmation or did I just never notice it before?

Archived