Concierge tip

I am sailing on the Anthem 9 nights cruise in a grand suite. It is a Sky Class suite. There are 3 adults in the room. I have never sailed concierge before. I am wondering how much we should tip our concierge. I am assuming the tip would vary depending on services provided. Since we booked the trip last minute, the Northstar and Ripcord by iFly weren’t available so I know we will request a time for those activities. We might ask her for assistance with an excursion. Other than that I don’t know what we will request. What would be an acceptable tip? I am completely clueless! Thanks

You are right...it depends on what you ask of them. I would think making reservations for the few things you're wanting would merit about $15-$20. But, that's up to you!

Thank you. Would that be per person? Per reservation? I am sorry so many questions. Like I said, I am clueless about concierge. I want to make sure I do the right thing

That tip quote is per cabin. If he/she does a few things for you, $20 is fine.

Remember you can use the concierge for things you would typically have to wait in line at guest services for. If you have any problems, see the concierge and they should be able to help. So you may want to give more if you find you are requesting more things. Maybe $40 or $50. Depends on the value you think you got. Again, this is per cabin, not per person. Tip at the end of the week.

If concierge does not have time for you and does nothing personal for you, tip them nothing. This happens on occasion. ymmv

If you are drinking nightly in the suite lounge you may also want to tip the bar servers. Estimate $1 per drink. You can tip nightly or at the end of the week. Or you can not tip. Up to you.

I was just on the Anthem. Maria, the concierge is awesome.

I would email her right away about any reservations you couldn't get.

I give around $10 per request. Usually max out at $50 for 5 night cruise. $70 for 7 night cruise.

I travel solo.

I don't travel in a GS or higher.

I also give $1 pp per drink to the bar servers with a $5 or $10 final tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just on the Anthem. Maria, the concierge is awesome.

I would email her right away about any reservations you couldn't get.

I give around $10 per request. Usually max out at $50 for 5 night cruise. $70 for 7 night cruise.

I travel solo.

I don't travel in a GS or higher.

I also give $1 pp per drink to the bar servers with a $5 or $10 final tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your advice. I just emailed Maria and asked her to book us the Northstar and IFly. I also requested assistance with a shore excursion. I don’t know if she can help with the shore excursion but no harm in asking.

So excited to travel in a suite. I was just clueless about concierge tip. Want to make sure we do the right thing.

Thanks again!