Boarding with a photocopy of baity ceritficate?

gotscrapz

I use my passport and an original / certified birth certificate for my daughter - but was reading on the Carnival website that you can use a photo copy of a birth certificate?

We have a friend who is looking at a last minute booking for our cruise and who will be traveling with us who has a photo copy but not her but original and is hoping the certified copy arrives before we sail next month.

Has anyone used a photo copy ?

You do not have to have a certified copy. If you have your original birth certificate you can take it to Walmart or wherever and make a copy of it and use that. As long as it's of the actual birth certificate, not the novelty item you get from the hospital.

• 1 month later...

I just realized this to but we are leaving next Monday and my daughters boyfriend showed me his birth certificate that actually has a raised seal as well as signed signature that it was a certified copy. My concern is that it is not very legible, looks like the copy from vital statistics copier malfuntioned so there are places where the toner did not print words, dates, etc. He told me that this is what was used to get his DL, though I am a little concerned that this will not work to get him on board....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just to add, if the person is over the age of 16 they do need an ID to accompany the birth certificate. Drivers license is fine.
Or if your teenager is over 16 and doesn't have a dr license, a state issued photo ID must be used with the birth certificate.

Our teens were 16 and 18, on our last cruise and neither have their dr license. We went and got them state ID cards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last summer, we realized on the drive down to the port - 8 hours down the road - that DH didn't have his passport. When we called Carnival, the rep said if he can get someone back home to email, fax or somehow get a copy of his official birth certificate to him, that and his driver's license would do. We got our oldest son to scan a copy and email it to us. It worked.

Yes, photocopies are allowed and I presented on when I boarded Pride in 2012. It is best to bring the original if you can but if for some reason it isn't available then a photocopy will do the trick. CBP runs every passenger through a multitude of databases during the cruise so everything is verified before you return to the US (which is why it doesn't take long to process through Customs:)).