Palma de majorca - anything to do there?

Looking for help with itinerary for Palma de MAjorca. Any suggestions? we don't want to take any excursions - just local things to do. Thank you!

Are you in to renting a car and driving to Valldemossa then along the coast to port de Soller and Soller, then driving back to Palma.

Or, taking the ship's bus downtown and walking around, visiting the Cathedral, then stopping for some Tapas & Wine -- I would recommend Restaurante La Boveda, not to be confused with La Taberna de la Boveda. We had a great tapas lunch there.

I'm sorry you aren't interested in an excursion. Majorca is one of the most beautiful islands. We took a bus trip around the island with stops in town to see the cathedral and shopping. Then we went up in the mountains to visit a 700 year old winery and had wine and tapas. It was one of the best full day excursions we took. There aren't many places I care to return to, but Majorca is one that is high on that short list.

Palma is beautiful , if you don’t want an excursion, take the shuttle into town , and stroll round the old streets beside the Cathedral then go to the market if it’s on and just get lost in the little side streets ,There’s a hoho bus you can use as well but if you can try an excursion MAjorca is a beautiful island.

Are you in to renting a car and driving to Valldemossa then along the coast to port de Soller and Soller, then driving back to Palma.

Or, taking the ship's bus downtown and walking around, visiting the Cathedral, then stopping for some Tapas & Wine -- I would recommend Restaurante La Boveda, not to be confused with La Taberna de la Boveda. We had a great tapas lunch there.

Thank you! great suggestion. The ship offers bus? I only saw excursions.

I'm sorry you aren't interested in an excursion. Majorca is one of the most beautiful islands. We took a bus trip around the island with stops in town to see the cathedral and shopping. Then we went up in the mountains to visit a 700 year old winery and had wine and tapas. It was one of the best full day excursions we took. There aren't many places I care to return to, but Majorca is one that is high on that short list.

Did you book the bus trip in the port or through the ship?

Depending on where your ship docks will determine if there is a shuttle. The port is huge, often 5 or more ships in port at a time plus cargo ships. The first time we stopped their you could walk into town, second time we were docked waaaaaay out and the ship offered a shuttle bus. You could just buy your tickets on that day either at shore excursions or right at the bus pick up point.

Thank you! great suggestion. The ship offers bus? I only saw excursions.

It's a good distance from where the ship docks to downtown Palma. The ship provided a bus for around $10 round trip. Drops you off by the Cathedral.

Looking for help with itinerary for Palma de MAjorca. Any suggestions? we don't want to take any excursions - just local things to do. Thank you!

It’s a shame that you don’t want to do any excursions. Majorca is a really beautiful island.

Highly recommend at least a tour of the island, or just walking around the old section of Palma and a visit to the cathedral. Caves of Drach are very memorable.

As a footnote, visited many islands over the years but have a soft spot for MAjorca as I met my husband there.

Get yourself a guidebook on your ports...that way, you can see all there is to do, and there will be helpful hints on HOW to do it! There will be info on the buses...cabs, distances, restaurants, beaches, shopping, etc. Seldom do you NEED an excursion, but you do have to know something about where you're going! Libraries have guidebooks, if you don't want to buy one.. Or google them....not as easy to access as a book, but it will do!