Next question....you'd think I have not cruised before....Can you board ship and then

Once you board you can leave the ship just like at any other port of call. I have seen this done a lot on cruises departing from San Juan and have done it myself. I don't know that leaving the ship is as common in places like Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and I have never done it there.

I’ve always wondered this myself lol. So if you leave I would imagine you would have to get back in that long security line with everyone else.

Yes, but if you are coming back say after 2pm, there won't be much of a line.

I’ve always wondered this myself lol. So if you leave I would imagine you would have to get back in that long security line with everyone else.

Unless the OP is just getting off for pictures....they would not be leaving the secured area so no need to go back thru security

Unless the OP is just getting off for pictures....they would not be leaving the secured area so no need to go back thru security

Yup just picture...the Welcome Aboard one you take before boarding.....my mother wants that one with everyone in it....she has them for all the cruise we have taken....and she is paying the bill for this one.....lol

Can you board ship and then come off ship to take a welcome aboard photo with rest of party arriving later???
Absolutely! Your embarkation port is treated like another port of call. I've done it in NJ. Got onboard, then got off to see the 9/11 memorial.