Allure - Online Check In, Voom....A Few Questions

js

Hi.

I have just completed the online check in for my 12 family members in five cabins and have a couple of questions for our Allure trip in August:

*When approximately do the luggage tags appear for printing?

*My nephews are in my mom's room and my sister/dh/another child in my sister's room. I was unable to add my sister's credit card to my nephew's account in my mom's cabin so as of now, it says "Onboard Expense Account-None". I'm guessing this can be changed at the pier when we all check in, is that correct? My sister can just say her card will be used for the following people on the following reservation number, correct?

*The card my sister gave me for her cabin may change the day we board (she may use another card). Will this matter? Can they just change the credit card at the pier?

*My mom/nephew have the Voom for two devices in their cabin. My sister has the Voom for one device in her cabin. Where will they find the information or where do they need to go after we board to find out exactly how they set this up on their phone. They are not tech savvy.

*Is it now correct the online check in paper that I printed will be what we use when we board for purchases until we get to our cabin? We all have the Unlimited Drink package so want to make sure this is correct.

*I did not upload the pictures for my sister's family. I would have to go to Shutterfly and do for each person and didn't do this since I have read it is a quick fix at the pier for them to just take a picture. Do you agree?

*My ds's friend is listed as John, not Jonathan, his real name on his passport on online check in. Does this make a difference and do I need to call and get his name changed? Will this make a problem for the already printed Set Sail pass?

*The first choice I have for arrive to port is 11:30 am. I believe I have read I can arrive earlier. Is that correct? We have a shuttle picking up 20 family members at the Riverside Hotel at 10:00 am.

Thank you all SO much for any help you can give me. I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by js

49 days.

Yes. Yes.

No. Yes.

They'll get the login info at check in.

Yes.

Yes.

No. Have another SetSail pass printed at the pier.

Yes.

Thank you. Regarding the name (Jonathan, not John), I was more wondering if this will cause a problem.

He doesn't go by Jonathan just making sure John on his Set Sail pass will be okay since he is listed as Jonathan on passport. Thanks so much for your help and I guess I'm set.

Hi.

I have just completed the online check in for my 12 family members in five cabins and have a couple of questions for our Allure trip in August:

*My nephews are in my mom's room and my sister/dh/another child in my sister's room. I was unable to add my sister's credit card to my nephew's account in my mom's cabin so as of now, it says "Onboard Expense Account-None". I'm guessing this can be changed at the pier when we all check in, is that correct? My sister can just say her card will be used for the following people on the following reservation number, correct?

*The card my sister gave me for her cabin may change the day we board (she may use another card). Will this matter? Can they just change the credit card at the pier?

*My mom/nephew have the Voom for two devices in their cabin. My sister has the Voom for one device in her cabin. Where will they find the information or where do they need to go after we board to find out exactly how they set this up on their phone. They are not tech savvy.

*Is it now correct the online check in paper that I printed will be what we use when we board for purchases until we get to our cabin? We all have the Unlimited Drink package so want to make sure this is correct.

*I did not upload the pictures for my sister's family. I would have to go to Shutterfly and do for each person and didn't do this since I have read it is a quick fix at the pier for them to just take a picture. Do you agree?

*My ds's friend is listed as John, not Jonathan, his real name on his passport on online check in. Does this make a difference and do I need to call and get his name changed? Will this make a problem for the already printed Set Sail pass?

*The first choice I have for arrive to port is 11:30 am. I believe I have read I can arrive earlier. Is that correct? We have a shuttle picking up 20 family members at the Riverside Hotel at 10:00 am.

Thank you all SO much for any help you can give me. I greatly appreciate it.

Usually when you check in online, you get your cruise documents (or will get an email shortly after) saying they are ready. You can print them out at that time. Good plan is to invest in some plastic sleeve tags (Amazon.com) instead of taping / stapling like they suggest.

Yes. See someone at the desk at the pier when you check in. You can add it then, or at Guest Services when on the ship.

Same as above.

See guest services. Try to avoid it on the first day - its nuts.

I had to find a person that was set - up on embarkation day. They gave me a card with a number on it after they verified I bought the package. It was a little cumbersome - but I also saw after the fact that I could have gotten the number by checking my sea pass information through my TV. Forgot exactly how - but you may want to check it out (since you can see what devices you have registered to use).

Yes

Yes. They had to re-take pictures of both my sons. Lady had a tablet, and snapped their pictures. Took about 2 minutes total.

I would call and check. I've always made sure our names matched exactly on all documents.

You can get there earlier. We did in NJ - just make sure the guys working on the ground are loading the bags to go onto the ship for the next sailing. You don't want them confused with whats coming off.

FWIW - skip the costs for messaging thru the Royal IQ App. You can message on Facebook for free - and make calls on FB as well with VOOM. If you're REALLY savvy, you can set - up WiFi calling on your phone if it supports it and make regular calls that way.

My employer bought me a package so I can be connected in case I have an emergency with a customer to handle, and the few times I had a phone call, it was crystal clear - and didn't have to buy anything additional through RCI (other than the Voom Package itself).

Happy Cruising!

Thank you. Regarding the name (Jonathan, not John), I was more wondering if this will cause a problem.

He doesn't go by Jonathan just making sure John on his Set Sail pass will be okay since he is listed as Jonathan on passport. Thanks so much for your help and I guess I'm set.

The first and last name on the booking should match those on the passport.

He doesn't go by Jonathan just making sure John on his Set Sail pass will be okay since he is listed as Jonathan on passport.

The folks at the check in counter will fix it - they may alter the name on reservation and SetSail pass to correspond with ID presented.