Saturday first Princess cruise on the CP with new agenda!

LLindaC

2 Carnival cruises, 9 RCCL and now we're doing the Caribbean Princess next week! She was following us on the last cruise and we liked the way she looked. We've been waitlisted on early dinner to 408, so we've decided to do personal choice and a combo of balcony, Cafe Caribe , etc. We're packing extremely light and are eschewing all formal wear. We usually do tuxes, etc, so this is a real switch! Anyone ever try it? I hope there are lots of places to dance. Also, we're ferrying to Anguilla to escape the masses. Thoughts?

We've been waitlisted on early dinner to 408, so we've decided to do personal choice and a combo of balcony, Cafe Caribe , etc. We're packing extremely light and are eschewing all formal wear. We usually do tuxes, etc, so this is a real switch!
Linda... welcome to Princess! I think you'll like it and have a good time. Just so that you know and aren't surprised, the dress code for Personal Choice is exactly the same as in the traditional dining room. Formal night is Formal night. On those nights, your option would be to eat in the buffet where the dress is casual or room service.

Linda - We were on the CB in November - our second time. My DH and I cruise frequently and we decided that on this trip we would just hang out and do things differently. We are football fans and spent all day Sunday out by MUTS watching the games. This was the first formal night and we went in to the Caribe Cafe to grab a bite before the Sunday night game so we were very casual for dinner. We really enjoy the Caribe Cafe and only ate in the dining room on 2 nights, (one was the second formal night and we did dress up). It was so relaxing not trying to rush back to our cabin to get ready for dinner - one of my best vacations. On the second formal night we were dressed up and did go to the show, but we also went to shows on other nights and stayed casual. This is a great ship to do your own thing - overall, pretty relaxed - but I do believe in dressing up for formal nights if going to the dining rooms or alternative restaurants.

Thanks, guys for your input! I think I'll pack a semi formal outfit and a tie for my hubby! Just in case. I am a musician and when I work,it's often dressed to the nines, full makeup, etc. So a vacation for me is NOT doing that! Most people aren't in the same boat.Thanks again for the info on personal choice, I had no idea! Looking forward to seeing this gorgeous ship ....ahoy!

We will be on the CP from Jan 7 - 21. Did just one week on CP last year, and it was good. We are dancing fools, so we were just a bit disappointed with the music in the Wheelhouse Bar, but, hopefully, that Trio will not be on this time.

Archived