O newbie dreaming about rtw 2020 looking for info

erdoran

I started googling and reading and can’t find the info I want. Here’s my list of questions:

1. Right now O’s website is offering 2 for 1; I assume the posted fares take that into account. Are there other specials at times that I should look out for?

2. Any additional discounts available like AARP, AAA?

3. Are there discounts/OBC to be had by shopping TAs?4. There’s some sort of unlimited excursion collection and the your world deal. I think I’ve figured out that if you buy some large number then you get a 25% discount? But I don’t see anything about the unlimited excursions/40% discount - is that a package purchase and where can I find the price, or what’s an approx price?

5. For drink pkgs can we only buy them for a few days or do we have to buy for all 180 +/-? Which is much too pricey for us! What are individual drink prices, about $10-$15 each?

6. Other cost saving ideas?

Thanks! I would think this info is readily available but I don’t seem to be able to find it.

the 2 for 1 is marketing

look at the O Life fare or the cruise only fare it is based on 2 pax in the cabin so if sailing solo you will almost double that price

If you shop around yes deals can be had

You should check out the previous & current roll calls for the RTW cruise & get some ideas & advice there on excursions

I have some photos of the bar menus from Dec 2017 in my album

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-bnXmLm/i-xMqb2SR

The brochure and 2 for 1 fare is pure marketing gimmick. The O life price is what you pay x 2. O prices do not often change - they do sometimes add more benefits but I have not seen this on the world cruises they have offered.

Many agents will offer various extras but no membership discounts.

I was booked for the 2015 w/c and ended up taking the 2016 voyage (also booked for 2020) - the unlimited excursions package was not available for those cruises.

You can not book the drink package for a few days. I'm not sure about booking it just for a segment.

O allows you to bring your own beverages on to the ship for consumption in your cabin - nice saving there.

For the w/c you get 15 cruise credits which take effect at the start of the cruise so you get the loyalty benefits on that cruise.

Except in ports where the ship is docked downtown O provides a free shuttle in the majority of ports (strong taxi unions prevent this in a few ports).

The best way to save money is to join the roll call and take private tours.