Regal Princess Internet

MsSoCalCruiser

Unlimited plans are available for purchase on Regal Princess.

There was a time that the Platinum/Elite benefit was unlimited (on Regal only) as a goodwill gesture for the failure of the Ocean Medallion launch.

But those reports seem to have stopped. It appears that the usual perk of a set number of minutes is what you will get.

Hopefully someone just off Regal will chime in as to whether there is an offer for Platinum/Elite to upgrade to unlimited by paying the difference in value. I seem to vaguely recall something of the sort from one of the other two ships (Grand and Coral) also currently selling the unlimited plans.

When we were on in March, the internet was unlimited. But that may have changed. If it matters we are elite.

So are you saying that the Captains Circle internet benefit was unlimited minutes? Or simply that unlimited plans are available? Can't quite tell from the wording of your post.

On now. Platinum and Elite is free for length of cruise 24 hours a day on one device at a time. Other than that the package is $9.99 per 24 hour period as far as I can make out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to hear this. We had free internet on Regal in January and will be on her again in October.

Unlimited plans are available for purchase on Regal Princess.

There was a time that the Platinum/Elite benefit was unlimited (on Regal only) as a goodwill gesture for the failure of the Ocean Medallion launch.

But those reports seem to have stopped. It appears that the usual perk of a set number of minutes is what you will get.

Hopefully someone just off Regal will chime in as to whether there is an offer for Platinum/Elite to upgrade to unlimited by paying the difference in value. I seem to vaguely recall something of the sort from one of the other two ships (Grand and Coral) also currently selling the unlimited plans.

Thank you. I was hoping for the unlimited Internet plan. Do you know if they have worked out the Ocean Medallion kinks?

Thank you. I was hoping for the unlimited Internet plan. Do you know if they have worked out the Ocean Medallion kinks?

Work on the Regal for the ***** has stopped until the ship returns to North America in the fall.

Supposedly trying to get it to work on the Caribbean Princess which is in North America for the summer.

On now. Platinum and Elite is free for length of cruise 24 hours a day on one device at a time. Other than that the package is $9.99 per 24 hour period as far as I can make out.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. This makes me happy! Please let us know if you happen to hear how long the Internet will be free for platinum and elite. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Work on the Regal for the ***** has stopped until the ship returns to North America in the fall.

Supposedly trying to get it to work on the Caribbean Princess which is in North America for the summer.

Thank you for the info. The cruise that I'm looking at is for this October. I wonder why they are still showing it as an ***** cruise?

We’re Elite and on the Regal Sep 8 Trans-Atlantic. We’ve been told by Princess that we’ll have free unlimited internet.

You may wish to double-check that *and* read the fine print.

• "Unlimited" generally means unlimited minutes.

• "Unlimited" is generally offered in 3 tiers of "bandwidth".

• The bottom tier is generally restricted to GMail, Facebook, and "certain other social media sites"

Regal discovered on it's Apr T/A that she simply couldn't deliver as promised north of Southampton.

Over and above that, re-check often.

• Three weeks ago, Regal stopped offering any internet on her Apr '19 T/A

• Two weeks ago, Emerald stopped offering any internet on her Dec '18 Hawai'ian

• Yesterday, Regal and Emerald still were no offering any internet on those voyages.

• Today, Regal still is not, but Emerald is again

Just checked our Regal for Nov 2018 - MedallionNet - $ 59.99 pre purchase - 7 day cruise

::nods::

Well south of Southampton, and in range of the spiffy new O3b satellites. Lucky you! Or simply wise. ;)

Is this for unlimited? What is MedallionNet?

Don't you have a cruise booked on Regal? If so, what does it say in your personalizer?

There could be different offerings for those passengers in cabins with Ocean Medallion working vs. those who are not. Such is the mess that Regal will remain until Medallion installation is complete. Or hell freezes over.

Don't you have a cruise booked on Regal? If so, what does it say in your personalizer?

There could be different offerings for those passengers in cabins with Ocean Medallion working vs. those who are not. Such is the mess that Regal will remain until Medallion installation is complete. Or hell freezes over.

Hello. No, I do not have a cruise booked on Regal. I am looking at the five day New England/Canada cruise. How do you tell which cabins offer working *****?

I'm not sure but I may be doing a solo cruise and if so, I would love to have unlimited Internet just in case I get bored with my own company, LOL.

Is this for unlimited? What is MedallionNet?

There is a recently-completed constellation of satellites over the equator which can provide

cheap, huge-throughput connectivity to ships at sea. Regal set a record last February by

setting up 1500 simultaneous video-stream connections: basically, every other passenger

could have watched a different movie over the internet ...simultaneously.

MedallionNet is Princess' tradename for their constant-connected internet plans designed

to use these satellites. Yep, no more counting minutes.

As I understand it, what is limited is how much of the internet they allow you to connect to:

Tier 1: Just Facebook, "certain other social media sites", and GMail.

Tier 2: Add most of the rest of the internet except full-up video streaming.

Tier 3: Add YouTube, Skype, Amazon Prime, etc.

The joker in the deck is that these satellites don't orbit way up in geosynchronous orbit, but

lower down in "MEO" orbit. If your ship sails north of about 48ºN (Seattle or Southampton)

those satellites drop below southern horizon, and you're stuck with the same old satellite

connections we all have been cussing for years.

Edited by Haboob

My cruise on Regal next year goes north of 48ºN. :') Right now, there are zero internet plans

offered in my Personallizer.

BTW, the only connection between Ocean Medallion and MedallionNet is that marketing chose

similar names for them.

Just been on Regal. Not elite or any other privilege. All passengers had access to wifi onboard for messaging apps for free and unlimited. Also worked for Facebook (but not external links). Enough to keep in contact with family but also gave us a break from constant attachment to the internet

On Regal at the moment. The Elite internet has been really great with just one hiccup which was soon sorted. Download speeds are good. Our travelling companions have just used the free service using Whatsapp and have been pleased with it.

Thank you for the info. The cruise that I'm looking at is for this October. I wonder why they are still showing it as an ***** cruise?

Some staterooms are testing the Medallion but most of us have cards.

I just checked my cruise personalizer for an 11-night Baltic Cruise on the Regal. For the first time, I am seeing an unlimited internet package pre-payment of $74.99 (regular price of $89.99.) We are not elite. That seems like a reasonable price for an 11-night cruise. Has anyone done this yet, or is it totally new? And do you think the $89.99 is the onboard price? We have a lot of onboard credit, and it would be worth the extra $15 if we could pay out of that.

Thanks for any insight. I know this seems to be very new, as it just turned up on my cruise personalizer.

I just checked my cruise personalizer for an 11-night Baltic Cruise on the Regal. For the first time, I am seeing an unlimited internet package pre-payment of $74.99 (regular price of $89.99.) We are not elite. That seems like a reasonable price for an 11-night cruise. Has anyone done this yet, or is it totally new? And do you think the $89.99 is the onboard price? We have a lot of onboard credit, and it would be worth the extra $15 if we could pay out of that.

Thanks for any insight. I know this seems to be very new, as it just turned up on my cruise personalizer.

Are you Platinum because they pay the same as Elite?

I’m curious if there is a further discount - from the $74.99 in this case - for Platinum / Elite passengers?