Where to eat in Denali

jonyboy

As part of an HAL land/sea trip we'll be spending 2 nights at McKinley Chalet. The only dining options I've seen are at the Chalet. Are there other options nearby? I assume no cabs or uber there

As part of an HAL land/sea trip we'll be spending 2 nights at McKinley Chalet. The only dining options I've seen are at the Chalet. Are there other options nearby? I assume no cabs or uber there

Just got back. Prospector's Pizza is the place you'll hear about most. It's across the street from McKinley Chalet. Ask the locals, and you'll hear about this place the most. They have great pizza, but other dishes too. We had a pizza with smoked salmon as a topping. They also have a 16" pizza with a pound of king crab as a topping. That one is $60. Only 2 of us, so didn't get that one.

The other place you'll hear about is The Salmon Bake. I thought it was like the salmon bake tours, but it's actually the name of the restaurant. Good variety of all kinds of food, including seafood. I had halibut tacos. Yum! It's also a short walk from your hotel.

Prospector's Pizza was great! It is directly across the street from the lodge. One night try Karstens Public House - it is in the lodge - you can sit outside, enjoy live music and food. Tons of fun. There are even a few stores in the square selling nice souvenirs. We also hit the steak restaurant by the lobby - very good too.

Kathy

The King Salmon Restaurant at the Denali Princess Lodge has some of the best prime rib I have ever eaten, and it's reasonably priced for Alaska. It's about a 10 minute walk from the McKinley Chalet.

The King Salmon Restaurant at the Denali Princess Lodge has some of the best prime rib I have ever eaten, and it's reasonably priced for Alaska. It's about a 10 minute walk from the McKinley Chalet.

When you say reasonably priced for Alaska, how bad is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Princess Lodge web site has menus/prices posted for each lodge.

https://www.princesslodges.com/princess-alaska-lodges/denali-lodge/denali-amenities/

As does the Salmon Bake ( in the Strip Mall near the Lodge)

http://denaliparksalmonbake.com/documents/Menu.pdf

We had the $31 - 14 oz. prime rib. See Mapleleaves' post for link to entire menu.

Jim