Boston to Bermuda June 16, 2018 Part III

jode

Had a smooth sailing to Bermuda - loved the Crow's Nest at night with their comfy chairs and foot stools. I must say this ship is very low-sell. No pushing of drinks, etc. We sometimes had to wait a bit for a drink by the pool - I think they staff pretty thin and can't fault the waiters.

Few announcements which were a pleasant change. We walked about 5 miles a day either on the promenade deck or interior deck and never felt crowded or hurried. Loved the size of the ship.

Few pet peeves - not complaints as such but "comments" when the sign on the promenade deck reads no jogging it means no jogging. We saw the same two people jogging daily and yes this passenger make up was more on the older side and the joggers startled some slower walkers or forced them to jump to the side. Read the rules - they are there for a reason.

Be on the ship when you are supposed to when leaving Bermuda (or any port). Three people were left behind when we set sail on Thursday. Friday the captain had his usual q&a in the theater which was surprisingly full. Very informative - captain was very personable and funny. He was asked if people miss the ship and he said yes every single week. He was then asked about the three who missed it leaving Bermuda and he said that they did not have their passports with them. Security had to go in the room and find the passports and leave them with security at the immigration terminal by the ship. They ended up staying at the Grotto resort - very pricey and had to book flights home on Friday. Someone asked the captain if the cruise line pays for that and he replied - oh no - they knew when we were leaving and were not on board - it is on them.

Maybe we are too cautious but my husband and I never leave the ship without our passports - you just never know - in Barcelona at the end of a transatlantic cruise there was an "incident" and we were very glad we had our passports if it turned out that we had to find the American Embassy and could not reboard the ship.

Anyway - as with everything people like to push buttons - and one woman stood up and told the captain that she was shocked that he left these people on a "foreign island" - seriously - Bermuda is safer than Boston !! She then told the captain in front of a lot of guests that if he didn't have the patience to wait for passengers then maybe he was in the wrong job. Wow - she not only knifed him but felt the need to twist it!! The captain was very calm and acknowled that he understood how she felt and went on to the next question.

I felt like saying that if these passengers are not mature enough to be on the ship when it sails then maybe a cruise is not a good fit for them. But my husband grabbed my arm and suggested I put my Sicilian temper back in my pocket!! Glad I didn't give credit to her crazy remarks but it was tempting!!!