Lobster tail on the Getaway

Desinico

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I stopped ordering lobster on Royal a while ago because it just wasn’t worth the price I paid (which was $0).

Are you familiar with the difference between spiny lobster and cold water? I have been diving and catching my own for 20 years, and the royal tails are basically the same. It's just frozen uncooked lobster that they cook, I'm not sure where it could go horribly wrong to kill the quality.

Have you seen the show on Netflix that featured lobster day on, I think, Oasis? It was pretty wild. Mega Food, episode 6.

Are you familiar with the difference between spiny lobster and cold water? I have been diving and catching my own for 20 years, and the royal tails are basically the same. It's just frozen uncooked lobster that they cook, I'm not sure where it could go horribly wrong to kill the quality.

Have you seen the show on Netflix that featured lobster day on, I think, Oasis? It was pretty wild. Mega Food, episode 6.

Yes, I’ve seen the documentary. I would HATE to work in that kitchen.

Spiny lobster is a warm-water lobster. I’ve heard the lobster Royal gets is from the Florida coast, but that could be mid-information. Warm water lobster meat is firmer and has a fishier (some say ammonia) flavor. Cold water lobster meat is more tender and more sweeter. The two are absolutely not the same.

OMG what has happened to Cruise Critic? It seems like almost every post turns into a snarky debate. Everyone use to be so helpful and I learned so much on here. I’m sorry but the posts are getting off topic and bi- - hy.
I was thinking the same thing. I am following a trip report where people are literally flipping out if the OP waits like 6 hours to post the next update, complaining about what they are posting about, etc. I've followed plenty of other looooooong drawn out ones and never seen that level of snarkiness.

My "asking for stroller recommendations" turned into a sanctimonious lecture on how to parent.

I live in Florida and lobster tail served on RC is the same consistency that I find at the grocery stores and local restaurants. So to me, it's good. Maybe all of us living in Florida eat crappy lobster tails?

I think cold water lobster is better though I do love our Florida spiny's. I would think if someone is used to say, Red Lobster, then gets served a spiny lobster, maybe they would think it's a lesser quality without realizing how different they are? I really feel like we were served spiny lobster on Escape at Bayamo, but I can't remember for sure.

Just checked the menu and it does remind me... my wife got the whole lobster which was cold water and I got the surf and turf and although I don't remember specifically, I do think it was a spiny tail.