Lobster tail on the Getaway

Desinico

HI to all!

Really enjoyed the lobster tail on my last cruise which was Royal’s Oasis of the seas. This will be my 1st time on NCL. I wanted to see if any of the specialty restaurants or MDR have it available as a included feature. I don’t eat lobster usually because it can be quite expensive. But, really hoping it’s available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can buy lobster tails at almost ANY grocery store. They are really quite easy to prepare and fast to cook. Not a fan of "whole lobster", as aside from the claws, there's not much good meat in the body.

I think the only place I found a Lobster Tail on the Getaway was in Ocean Blue.

Awww really! Thanks for letting me know. I’ll have to see what the extra charge is for ocean blue (I have the dinning package).

Thanks again!

I’m not understanding how this helpful.[emoji848][emoji849]

@cb

It's not helpful and those packaged lobster tails from the grocery are awful IMO... Buy a whole LIVE lobster to cook(steam/boil). My advice is not helpful to your question either, but it is a little less unhelpful!!! If you do go for the lobster onboard, I hope you enjoy! :D:D;p

Not sure about the Getaway however on the Breakaway earlier this year we ate at the Ocean Blue. We had the lobster tail and crab legs, both were very good. There is an up charge if you have the dining package, or just pay a la carte.

Also not helpful or responsive but when we were on the Oceania's Riviera, DH had lobster every day!!
Passengers can also ask for lobster every day on many luxury cruises, but NCL is a mass market cruise line. NCL use to serve lobster in the MDR, then changed it to the buffet and now it is gone. IMHO, they stopped it because people were asking for way too many servings. I remember reading a review, when it was in the buffet, that the passenger had 15 lobster tails, which is just gluttonous, so I don't blame NCL from discontinuing them.

You can buy lobster tails at almost ANY grocery store. They are really quite easy to prepare and fast to cook. Not a fan of "whole lobster", as aside from the claws, there's not much good meat in the body.

What a weird response. The OP's not asking about buying groceries, he/she wants to know where to get some lobster on the Getaway. LOL.

IMHO, they stopped it because people were asking for way too many servings. I remember reading a review, when it was in the buffet, that the passenger had 15 lobster tails, which is just gluttonous, so I don't blame NCL from discontinuing them.

So you feel that NCL discontinued lobster because of the "clientele" on board?

Sounds to me like they were just trying to save some money. Tends to be the case when a company offers something complimentary and then takes it away. Doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Sounds to me like they were just trying to save some money.

Or realizing that they couldn't keep all passengers happy, because some were so gluttonous, I'm sure you can understand complaints from others when they are out of lobster, all the while they see someone with a pile on their plate. Doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Or realizing that they couldn't keep all passengers happy, because some were so gluttonous, I'm sure you can understand complaints from others when they are out of lobster, all the while they see someone with a pile on their plate. Doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Couldn't the same be said for any type of food? Steak, lobster, cheesecake? Any item on the ship can "run out" if an adequate supply is not stocked.

Couldn't the same be said for any type of food? Steak, lobster, cheesecake? Any item on the ship can "run out" if an adequate supply is not stocked.
Never have I seen or read about anyone ask for 10 steaks or cheescakes or any other food item for that matter.

Meh. The lobster on Royal is poor quality; not much different than giant shrimp in taste & texture IMO. The upcharge lobster on the dining room menu is MUCH better.

As others have said, no included lobster on NCL. Ocean Blue costs $18 if you have the dining package, but if you want seafood that’s the place to be. That’s your only option for lobster, but it’s going to be far and away better than Royal’s free lobster.

OMG what has happened to Cruise Critic? It seems like almost every post turns into a snarky debate. Everyone use to be so helpful and I learned so much on here. I’m sorry but the posts are getting off topic and bi- - hy.

No they are not. You must hate America. lol. See what I did there??:evilsmile::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Meh. The lobster on Royal is poor quality; not much different than giant shrimp in taste & texture IMO. The upcharge lobster on the dining room menu is MUCH better.

As others have said, no included lobster on NCL. Ocean Blue costs $18 if you have the dining package, but if you want seafood that’s the place to be. That’s your only option for lobster, but it’s going to be far and away better than Royal’s free lobster.

I would disagree with this, completely. I've had both. Royal serves lobster tail, it's spiny lobster. It's pretty darn typical and not "poor quality." The lobster at Ocean Blue was nothing special, either. It was lobster and was prepared as it should be.

I would disagree with this, completely. I've had both. Royal serves lobster tail, it's spiny lobster. It's pretty darn typical and not "poor quality." The lobster at Ocean Blue was nothing special, either. It was lobster and was prepared as it should be.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I stopped ordering lobster on Royal a while ago because it just wasn’t worth the price I paid (which was $0).