Drinking

csaile

This is a pretty shocking thread! Its 2018! Her husband her guardian! That sort of patriarchy should have gone out with the ark!

In the UK you have the legal right to consent from 14 and below that there is personal autonomy. The laws of the land still stand where alcohol is concerned and they based around the buying of it not the consuming it. You can not buy alcohol before the age of 18, however you can drink it from age 16 with food in restaurants.

At 18 you are no longer a minor (US Law).

Therefore, unless you are incapacitated in some way and need a court appointed guardian,

you are your own guardian.

He can not sign legal documents on your behalf. You must abide by the laws of the governing "state".

"All persons 18 years old and older are presumed competent, that is,

able to make decisions about health care, finances and other important areas of life."

And also, if you get pregnant, and hubby leaves you, you are on your own.

Don't plan on parent support.

I should've said order instead of purchase

You think they would let you order two if the card is only linked to one UBP in the cabin? I thought they only did that if they know two people have the UBP in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 18 you are no longer a minor (US Law). Therefore, unless you are incapacitated in some way and need a court appointed guardian, you are your own guardian. He can not sign legal documents on your behalf. You must abide by the laws of the governing "state".

"all persons 18 years old and older are presumed competent, that is, able to make decisions about health care, finances and other important areas of life."

And that is all 100% irrelevant to the question asked.

You think they would let you order two if the card is only linked to one UBP in the cabin? I thought they only did that if they know two people have the UBP in the cabin.

The rule changed last year to allow you as a person with UBP to order two drinks at once. This is because with all the promo free UBP packages the bar lines are getting bad at times. At times it took a half hour to get a drink ordered from waitresses and going up to the bar directly was still a 10 minute wait.

The rule changed last year to allow you as a person with UBP to order two drinks at once. This is because with all the promo free UBP packages the bar lines are getting bad at times. At times it took a half hour to get a drink ordered from waitresses and going up to the bar directly was still a 10 minute wait.

I’ve never waited 10 minutes let alone 30 minutes but that could be because I tip cash every drink so as soon as they see me they are excited to serve me.

I don't know the answer, but it's a super interesting question. Old enough to marry and vote but not drink. The age 21 drinking rule has never seemed to strange to me as it does now (in Ontario, our age is 19, which is also strange, but maybe not AS strange...)

And also, if you get pregnant, and hubby leaves you, you are on your own.

Don't plan on parent support.

Where did the OP inquire as to parental responsibility regarding their (I assume) hypothetical future children/what does this have to do with drinking on a cruise ship?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I’ve never waited 10 minutes let alone 30 minutes but that could be because I tip cash every drink so as soon as they see me they are excited to serve me.

You most certainly don’t have to tip in order to get a drink inside 10 minutes.

Not going to the only busy bar on the ship is usually what does it.

Outside of specific times, such as immediately following muster drill, I have never waited more than a few minutes at a bar on NCL. That includes bars where the staff would have absolutely no idea whether I was going to tip or not.

I rarely, if ever, go to the pool bar though.