North to Alaska, Shadowmeboy's Jewel Shimmering Pictorial Review

shadowmeboy

Thank you, fabulous as always. I’m so happy because not only do I enjoy your reviews but we are doing an Alaska cruise out of Seattle in August. Taking the Victoria Clipper from Victoria to Seattle and then returning to Vancouver after the cruise on the Amtrak Cascades train. Thanks for all the info & pics. :p:p:p

Thanks for your review! How was your experience with the HOHO? I'm reading horrible reviews but you're suggesting it. I'll be there in Aug and will have to decide how to get around since we'll have 2 days to ourselves.

Thank's for the picture's of the thermal suit area. It help with the decision to book it or not. It looks rather small, and would probably seem crowded with more than a handful of people using it at once.

Thank's for the picture's of the thermal suit area. It help with the decision to book it or not. It looks rather small, and would probably seem crowded with more than a handful of people using it at once.

Susan said "It can get a little crowded in the coed area. The thermal heated beds are almost always full. However, the female only wasn't that crowded at all, at least at the times that I went, which was always different."

Hope that helps!

Thank you, fabulous as always. I’m so happy because not only do I enjoy your reviews but we are doing an Alaska cruise out of Seattle in August. Taking the Victoria Clipper from Victoria to Seattle and then returning to Vancouver after the cruise on the Amtrak Cascades train. Thanks for all the info & pics. :p:p:p

No problem. I am glad you are enjoying it.

Oh my goodness. Reading this is so much fun! I am enjoying every step of the way and am kind of wishing you were all on a month long cruise so I could enjoy your review for longer!

Lol! I am glad you are enjoying it.

Thanks for your review! How was your experience with the HOHO? I'm reading horrible reviews but you're suggesting it. I'll be there in Aug and will have to decide how to get around since we'll have 2 days to ourselves.

I loved the HOHO. I wish we had more time on it. I would do it again if I have a full day. Our train was late, we had to wait on a cab to the hotel, checking in to the hotel, and the then the cab from the hotel, all these things played a factor into the limited time we had. I would love to use the HOHO to explore Stanley Park more. I found it informative and fun.

While we did not take any Mustard, we mustered up the courage to muster in our required muster station.

IMG_2350-L.jpg

Our Muster station was in the theater, A5.

IMG_2351-L.jpg

IMG_2358-L.jpg

After the Muster drill, we scurried up to the Sun Deck (Deck 13 forward) for sail away.

IMG_2359-L.jpg

IMG_2360-L.jpg

sorry about the reflection, the glass up on 13 was temperamental.

IMG_2361-L.jpg