North to Alaska, Shadowmeboy's Jewel Shimmering Pictorial Review

shadowmeboy

Stunning pictures, Shadow. You had incredible weather in Skagway, for sure. Our guide told us that the reason the Emerald Lake has these incredible colors is because the Aurora Borealis hides there in the summer. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Stunning pictures, Shadow. You had incredible weather in Skagway, for sure. Our guide told us that the reason the Emerald Lake has these incredible colors is because the Aurora Borealis hides there in the summer. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

That is awesome! Thank you for following!

Susan came and told me she was headed to O'Sheehans for lunch. I slowly got going and made my way up there. Susan and Jenny started ordering.

DSCF1019-L.jpg

DSCF1020-L.jpg

DSCF1021-L.jpg

DSCF1022-L.jpg

we made our way back to Lamplugh Glacier

DSCF1023-L.jpg

IMG_3984-L.jpg

I cut through on deck 7 port to head to O'Sheehans.(deck 8 mid)

DSCF1028-L.jpg

Susan headed down to the Rangers talk in the theater. The Rangers were giving narration throughout the trip through Glacier Bay

DSCF1030-L.jpg

IMG_4008-L.jpg

I went to Great Outdoors.

IMG_4009-L.jpg

IMG_4010-L.jpg

I guess I will play Candy Crush.

IMG_4011-L.jpg

There wasn't much too see.

IMG_4026-L.jpg

IMG_4032-L.jpg

headed down to deck 7 starboard. These guys were playing shuffleboard, badly.

IMG_4033-L.jpg

I just had to people watch!

IMG_4034-L.jpg

IMG_4035-L.jpg

I headed back to the room for another nap. Susan went to the Thermal Spa. After a while, she came back, woke me up and we got ready for dinner.

IMG_4036-L.jpg

pictures first!

IMG_4049-L.jpg

Oh, you want me to retake that? Better?

We ordered by 7:45 pm, Jenny and Jenner had a hard time deciding.

IMG_4050-L.jpg

appetizers were there by 7:55 pm Insalata Caprese

IMG_4051-L.jpg

Insalata Fresca

IMG_4052-L.jpg

Beef Carpaccio

IMG_4053-L.jpg

Pasta course was there by 8:05 pm. Shrimp Risotto

IMG_4054-L.jpg

Pesto alla crema

IMG_4055-L.jpg

Meatballs

IMG_4056-L.jpg

Main entrees arrived at 8:20 pm. Chicken Parmesan was ordered by Jenny, Jenner, and Susan.

IMG_4057-L.jpg

Bistecca Florentina

we were done with the entrees by 8:35 pm

It took us 15 minutes to get a server, not our server (he was MIA) to clear our plates and bring a dessert menu. We were trying to make the 9:15 show.

IMG_4059-L.jpg

Dessert Menu (8:50 pm)

IMG_4061-L.jpg

Torta di Cioccolata (Dessert arrived at 9 pm)

IMG_4062-L.jpg

Tiramisu

Server finally showed up and we were able to cash out at 9;10 pm.

I see a lively discussion has broken out while I was at work.

To PinoyCruiser: I am sorry my limited use of photography in these shows has offended you. I apologize. I am slightly offended you couldn't wait till my review completed before being critical. I am going to move on, and finish my review. Those that want to enjoy it, can!

My reviews are my reviews. I use them to remember and to share with others who might have questions. When I am watching a show, I use my Rebel T5 with no flash. I turn my camera on, take a quick picture, and then turn it off again immediately. I do not provide a running commentary of the show, I do not take video of the show, I take several pictures and enjoy the show. I normally sit in the very back or on the sides.and other than the person immediately next to me, which is normally Susan, no one would be disturbed.

In June of 2017, we sailed the Escape. After one of the performances, we saw several members of the cast and said great job. They asked if we enjoyed the show, and we said yes. I told them I took a few pictures of the show to share, and they were really happy about that. They said they want people to enjoy the show, they put in lots of hours rehearsing for our enjoyment. They would rather have a packed Theater than a half empty one. If my pictures help someone decide to attend that show on a later sailing then I think I have been successful in my mission.

Cruise Critic has been getting a bad rap lately due the amount of criticism on the board. My reviews try to focus on the trip, good, ok, or bad. I try to focus on the positive in my life, because I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a great wife, a dog who loves us, and my parents and sisters who love us too. Vacations are my opportunity to get away and to enjoy myself. Taking pictures is one way I do that.

Thank you Jeff!

-Matthew