North to Alaska, Shadowmeboy's Jewel Shimmering Pictorial Review

shadowmeboy

Thank you so much for taking your time to share tour trip with us. Top notch, as always!

Your Sun review helped me a lot planning my trip on her last year. And I was very happy to see you were on the Jewel this year. Great for my Jewel trip in three months.

Thanks again!

Glad you are enjoying and gleaning info from it.

Sucks about the train, but I guess mother nature is in charge. Your pictures of the Orca's and the Humpback's reminded me of the one's I took on a excursion out of Ketchikan last year, put it in burst mode and just keep shooting. Now I can't wait to try out the new camera and see what I can do with it.

It was disappointing, but not much we could do. Good luck on trying out the new camera!

My next Alaska cruise needs to include Glacier Bay! Even with the fog, it still looks amazing!!

It just gives me a reason to book another cruise!

Yes, it does! What I could see was incredible but I wanted to see the full breath of its beauty.

My next Alaska cruise needs to include Glacier Bay! Even with the fog, it still looks amazing!!

Same here! Matthew, the three of us need to do a glacier bay itinerary!

I’ve sailed to Alaska twice and still haven’t done it.

Alaina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Talk about thorough. What a review. You captured show much to soon. What are you going to do the next time. Are we done yet. You showed me parts of Washington I never would never have known about. You have deserts up there? Go figure.

I did it. Just booked the Jewel again. B2B. August. What can I say. I have an addiction.

We can be a good team. I spot and you take the shot. For someone that I only met for a brief while, you made a lasting memory. Just to let you know I spent 10 years as a grocery store manager. I know you work hard. And Susan is an educator. Right. We can use more people in the world like the both of you. You both are truly smart and fortunate be be able to cruise at a young age. Live long and prosper. Na nu Na nu.;p

Jeff:)

Thank you, thank you! Love it when you go on cruises! The eagles! Amazing!

Bummer about the train and I agree with you on this is your review. Why some people want to criticize is beyond me. Just sit back and enjoy! (Or, move on). Can't wait til the next one!

Talk about thorough. What a review. You captured show much to soon. What are you going to do the next time. Are we done yet. You showed me parts of Washington I never would never have known about. You have deserts up there? Go figure.

I did it. Just booked the Jewel again. B2B. August. What can I say. I have an addiction.

We can be a good team. I spot and you take the shot. For someone that I only met for a brief while, you made a lasting memory. Just to let you know I spent 10 years as a grocery store manager. I know you work hard. And Susan is an educator. Right. We can use more people in the world like the both of you. You both are truly smart and fortunate be be able to cruise at a young age. Live long and prosper. Na nu Na nu.;p

Jeff:)

Jeff,

I want people to think outside the round trip out of Seattle. They will never see Seward or Hubbard. I know it will be tough to top. Maybe my next Alaska review will have a huge Mountain??

Washington is definitely more than rain and Seattle. The “wet” side is only 1/3 of the State. We love our high desert!

Enjoy you b2b in August! Hope you have many cool wildlife viewings. And yes we would make a good duo in spotting and shooting. Glad I can leave a lasting memory and I hope to find you aboard down the road.

Matthew

Email me schuhm @ spu .edu

Thank you, thank you! Love it when you go on cruises! The eagles! Amazing!

Bummer about the train and I agree with you on this is your review. Why some people want to criticize is beyond me. Just sit back and enjoy! (Or, move on). Can't wait til the next one!

Thank you! You won’t have to wait as long, we sail again in November.

Oh well, the train will be there next time! Thank you for your appreciation!

Thank you so much for letting us all come along with you all on your trip. I have enjoyed coming home from work each night and checking out what you all got up to. It’s kinda weird that I can’t wait for you to go on your November cruise..right? It’s made me put Alaska on my must do cruises. Most cruises for us involve long flights from down here in New Zealand so having someone covering a trip so thoroughly is fantastic! Love that you included photos of the food, on and off the ship as I’m a bit of a foodie and can’t wait to start planning...maybe a north followed by south trip . A big thanks to you both for sharing, Julie.