Sun questions

CruisinCrow

We just booked a 3-day cruise on Sun. We've been on Sky a couple of times but not on Sun and had a few questions.

Does Sun have a bar or area to store carry-on bags until the cabins are available? They had that on Sky and it was so convenient.

Can you wear shorts in the main dining room?

When are guarantee cabins normally assigned? Our cruise is in 2 weeks but just booked last night.

Is there real soap in the cabins or just shower gel?

Thanks.

We just booked a 3-day cruise on Sun. We've been on Sky a couple of times but not on Sun and had a few questions.

Does Sun have a bar or area to store carry-on bags until the cabins are available? They had that on Sky and it was so convenient.

Can you wear shorts in the main dining room?......YES

When are guarantee cabins normally assigned? Our cruise is in 2 weeks but just booked last night........Any day

Is there real soap in the cabins or just shower gel?.......Yes there is soap

Thanks.

:cool::cool:

I don't recall seeing or hearing about any luggage storage, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

No shorts for dinner in the MDR except for the first night.

Any time I've had a guarantee cabin, I was always happy to wait on assignment, figuring it might improve my chances at an upgrade. No way to know when you'll be assigned - it could be as late as the day of your sailing, but I've always gotten mine well before that.

I'm going to say shower gel, but also soap bars at the sink. Truly, I've never paid much attention to it, though.

Can you wear shorts in the main dining room?

When are guarantee cabins normally assigned? Our cruise is in 2 weeks but just booked last night.

Is there real soap in the cabins or just shower gel?

Thanks.

You may already have your room assignment, ours was the next day. I also kept checking the prices because the cabins really went down in price - canceled my upgrade offer and paid outright for mini suite. GSC is beautiful - less crowded areas with beautiful beach/swimming away from the mainstream. Also, the day of GSC the prices for the cabanas went way down, in case you are considering doing that - unfortunately we had already paid top dollar :(

My husband will be bummed about the shorts. On Sky you could wear shorts in both main dining rooms.

Booboochase, you're right. I just logged on the website again and we have a cabin number now! Looks like a pretty good location so I'm pleased.

It's been years since we've been to GSC. Looking forward to seeing all the changes.

Ah ha, I just found some 3-day cruise Dailies that were recently posted. They say shorts are allowed in all the dining areas except for Le Bistro and Seven Seas. I guess one of the MDRs is more casual than the other.

Ah ha, I just found some 3-day cruise Dailies that were recently posted. They say shorts are allowed in all the dining areas except for Le Bistro and Seven Seas. I guess one of the MDRs is more casual than the other.

Can you please post a link for these 3 day Sun dailies?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In general on NCL there is one MDR where you can wear shorts for dinner. The prohibition is in the other and Le Bistro.

Actually, the opposite is true. Shorts are not allowed in the MDRs on virtually every ship, although it appears that NCL makes an exception for their 3 day cruises to Bermuda.

Actually, the opposite is true. Shorts are not allowed in the MDRs on virtually every ship, although it appears that NCL makes an exception for their 3 day cruises to Bermuda.

I was asking specifically about the Sun 3-day cruise. :) The dailies answered the question.

This was taken from NCL...

Norwegian Cruise Line. The Code: Norwegian has no formal dress code. Cruise casual is acceptable most of the time and includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops for women, and khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts for men.May 4, 2018

I was on the Sun earlier this month and if there was a dress code in the dining rooms, it certainly wasn't enforced.

And yes, there is an area available to store your bags. One of the bars, I forget which one. They will make an announcement.

And yes, there is an area available to store your bags. One of the bars, I forget which one. They will make an announcement.

Excellent! They had that on Sky and it was so convenient. We didn't have to schlep the carry on bags around for an hour until the cabins were ready. On Sky it was at Captain Cook's bar, right where you first boarded the ship.