Viking Business class air

zitsky

Viking Air $3990 actually per person from Raleigh to Europe roundtrip.

Is it possible to talk to the Viking Air department to get an estimate or do you have a travel agent to help you?

Yes, I asked for the estimate and it was the same as yours. So I asked for the tickets one way from Buenos Aires and it was half of it. We booked this one with Viking and I bought nonstop business tickets to Miami for $689 total directly from AA ;)

We purchased Business Class air from Viking for our January cruise to see the Northern Lights (hopefully). I am disappointed in the fact that I was told Viking only guarantees business class "over the water" when working with Air Plus. We are flying from Sacramento to Bergen, Norway and our first leg will be to Atlanta. I am told we could only be booked in economy seats for that leg, which is a 4+ hour flight for us. The remaining two flights, Atlanta to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Bergen will be business as will our two return flights from London. Hard to believe we pay the price for business and have to endure economy seats for the second longest leg of our trip. Most disappointing!! Currently, the fares for booking on my own are slightly higher than Viking Air but at least I would have business/first class the entire trip. Still have to decide which way to go.

I am really surprised to hear that! We booked through Viking but also through our TA. At no time was there any conversation about not getting business class within US, and in fact we have business class from MCI to SF and LAX on the way back to MCI. If you have a TA, I would check with them and see if they can help...but I realize not everyone books through TA. We do for reasons like this...they seem to have more pull than an individual. I know ours helped a lot with flights because they wanted to charge us more and she knew how to rearrange things so we did not have to pay more.

We purchased Business Class air from Viking for our January cruise to see the Northern Lights (hopefully). I am disappointed in the fact that I was told Viking only guarantees business class "over the water" when working with Air Plus. We are flying from Sacramento to Bergen, Norway and our first leg will be to Atlanta. I am told we could only be booked in economy seats for that leg, which is a 4+ hour flight for us. The remaining two flights, Atlanta to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Bergen will be business as will our two return flights from London. Hard to believe we pay the price for business and have to endure economy seats for the second longest leg of our trip. Most disappointing!! Currently, the fares for booking on my own are slightly higher than Viking Air but at least I would have business/first class the entire trip. Still have to decide which way to go.

Disappointing. What would be the cost to book on your own?

Edit: I book with a TA. I have been happy with the experience. But my last two trips have been in coach. Next year business class to Europe!

I think it is clearly stated in the Viking Air section

"Paid Business and Premium Economy class travel is guaranteed on transoceanic flights only; travel in Economy class may be required within the United States, Europe or Asia. The option to pay for an upgrade on these flights is available through Viking Air Plus. Please call the Viking Air Department for more details."

That being said; Viking booked me on a TUS-ATL-AMS-CPH-BGO on Delta with business class ATL-AMS only and when I complained about the routing and timing, they changed it to TUS-LAX-AMS-BGO on KLM with business end to end. I think the end to end had more to do with KLM then Viking. Euro business on most short flights is nothing more then a vacant middle seat and a glass of wine.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd throw in our experience with using Viking Air, Air Plus, and business class to add to the CC data base! We booked our May 2019 trip (Med Odyssey) today for $3220 pp mixed cabin on Delta - Delta One SEA to AMS and on to MUC (business on KLM), then comfort plus coming home nonstop from CDG. The $3220 includes air deviation, air differential, and Air Plus. Have been watching prices like a hawk the last 6 months - this is $1200 pp less than if I booked directly with Delta today, though if I'd booked with Delta many days in the last month it would have been $3480 ( or $268 more) for these particular flights. The prices have really been fluctuating. We also have seats all selected - were able to select the Delta One and KLM seats immediately after booking Viking Air but could only upgrade to comfort plus ($120 pp) and select those seats once we had paid for the entire cruise. We used a TA who has been checking with Viking weekly to see if the "air differential" that Delta adds to their Delta One price on Viking Air had decreased any. The first week after we began checking it dropped $350 - since then it dropped another $12 and has been stable. Since the Delta price to book directly has increased lately, we decided to jump on this, get our choice of seats, and spend less time doing mock bookings every day!