perks not showing up on planner

aachasman

I booked our cruise with a TA and as of yet my obc and drink package aren't showing up on my planner. So, when making a specialty restaurant reservation, do I pay then and get it credited later or should I wait till perks show on planner and use obc to pay. That is if I can use obc to pay in the first place. Thanks

How long ago did you book, and when is your final payment?

I'm not sure when the OBC should be visible; we didn't use any of ours until after final payment. If you've made final payment and it's not showing, probably worth calling the TA. The perks showed up after final payment. That's an "n" of 1. We did have additional OBC that wasn't visible at first and our TA had to contact Celebrity to get it back in place.

Is the OBC from Celebrity or your TA? OBC from your TA will not show on the Celebrity site and isn’t available to spend until you are on the ship.

OBC from Celebrity will show in the Cruise Planner usually takes a few days after booking.

The beverage package perk previously used to show under Order History but that hasn’t been the case since they changed the website. Be sure you have a copy of the Celebrity Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy that shows the Beverage Package just in case it isn’t there when you board. We have had the Beverage Package as a perk on many cruises, sometimes it didn’t show on our reservation but when we got on the ship the beverage package was on our Sea Pass.

Final payment made. The obc is from the TA, the gratuity and beverage package is from Celebrity. None of that shows on my planner. So since the obc is from the TA I have to pay when I make the specialty restaurant reservation and my obc will eventually pay for it? Thanks

I'm not sure it works that way. If you want to use OBC that won't be available until you're onboard, I'm pretty sure you'll need to book onboard. You'll need to post some more details (ship, dates, specialty restaurant, number of people, etc.) to get a read on whether pre-booking is necessary (it probably isn't).

TA OBC isn’t available until you board, it actually shows up on day 2 or 3. If you book a speciality restaurant ahead of time the cost will be charged to your credit card. Now if you don’t spend all the OBC from the TA the balance will be credited back to your credit card. So in theory the cost would offset. But most likely they will be in 2 different billing cycles.

TA OBC isn’t available until you board, it actually shows up on day 2 or 3. If you book a speciality restaurant ahead of time the cost will be charged to your credit card. Now if you don’t spend all the OBC from the TA the balance will be credited back to your credit card. So in theory the cost would offset. But most likely they will be in 2 different billing cycles.

Gotcha! That makes sense. I'll have to make sure all my obc gets loaded into my account. I also have a $80 TA credit towards a specialty dinner that I need to use. Thank you!

For my Summit Oct 7 cruise y pay in full when I do the booking 3 weeks ago, also I paid the Gratuities where can I see these gratuities in my online booking?

If you booked direct with X and did not transfer the booking to a TA the paid Gratuties will show if you go to Manage Reservation. Your balance due will also show and any OBC from X.

If your reservation is with a TA then the paid gratuties, balance due do not show on-line. You should have a Copy of the Booking Confirmation Guest Copy or a Payment Confirmation showing you have paid the Gratuties.

Gotcha! That makes sense. I'll have to make sure all my obc gets loaded into my account. I also have a $80 TA credit towards a specialty dinner that I need to use. Thank you!

The TA may call it credit towards a specialty dinner - but will simply show up on your account as OBC that you can use for whatever you wish. Credits in your account are not earmarked for special purposes - they are just credits to your account.

Enjoy

Mike

We once ended up on revision 14 of our booking, took Celebrity a long time to get it right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Only 14, you are doing well. We have been in the twenties more than once ;).

The TA sent me an email saying that typically obc is non refundable but when it gets closer to sailing, they will let me know if any portion will be refundable. I just asked them who determines this. waiting on response