Gateway Cities

cstrick

The are listed within the Terms and conditions section of the legal information page https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

Here is the key excerpt:

Airfare” does not include ground transfers, and offer applies to coach, roundtrip flights only from the following airports: ATL, BOS, CLT, DCA, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, IAH, IAD, JFK, LAX, LGA, MCO, MDW, MIA, ORD, PHL, PHX, SAN, SAV, SEA, SFO, TPA, YOW, YUL, YVR, YYZ. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to assign gateways based on availability for JFK, LGA and MIA. Gateways are subject to change at any time.

Keep in mind that those of us in secondary gateways can frequently add on from our home airport for $99 per person per way, basically $200 each. I can't fly to a gateway for that little.

Sometimes it doesn't work if you are doing PE or business.

Gateways come and go. Regent has had different ( additional) Gateways than Oceania and it’s all the same Air department!

I can fly nonstop out of Nashville to Europe ( via) London on AA/BA typically for far less than connections through other US airports. Other airlines then choose to compete, price wise out off BNA and match fares. O wants their extra $200 for allowing me to do so! By the time O throws on the extra $200 for non gateway travel, plus $375 for a deviation ( we also fly in at least a day early) they are almost never price competitive.

Gateways come and go. Regent has had different ( additional) Gateways than Oceania and it’s all the same Air department!

I can fly nonstop out of Nashville to Europe ( via) London on AA/BA typically for far less than connections through other US airports. Other airlines then choose to compete, price wise out off BNA and match fares. O wants their extra $200 for allowing me to do so! By the time O throws on the extra $200 for non gateway travel, plus $375 for a deviation ( we also fly in at least a day early) they are almost never price competitive.

Deviation fee is $175 per person

The difference is we have the deviation fee included and that generally makes O air a better deal for me.

I just checked price from here to DFW on AA in basic economy, which I really don't want, and it is $307 round trip pp. ORD same airline and ticket class, $317, ATL on Delta on same dates $302. As you can see I can save $200 or more for the two of us in most scenarios. That will get a night in La Reserve.

If I didn't have the included deviation I would be better off taking the credit and buying my own.

I have to go to one of those three hubs or CLT before I can go anywhere. Unless you're flying to one of those cities everything is at least a one stop for us. Well there's Denver on United, but I generally don't go that way, and I really don't care for United the few times I've flown on it.

Sorry, bad math. It’s $175 each way or $350 deviating each way, not $375.

All of O’s list prices are one way.

No

bad information

If you you do both inbound & outbound flights at the same time it $175 PP total for deviations

You’re correct! Sorry!

I need to add “posting while overheated from weed eating” along with “ posting while intoxicated (pwi), as things not to do!;p

Total brain fart on my part!

There are always days like this, the older we get the more often they happen. Oh well!