Currently on the Summit...

pl281

So I am currently on the Summit on our way to Portland, ME - cruising through very foggy weather

Below is some observations

1) We DID sail up the Statue of Liberty - they claimed the weather / tides / traffic were right

2) Ate in Luminae a we are in a Sky Suite - service is excellent

3) The ship is due for a refresh - they have padded bridge chairs out in the buffet as some of the large “red” chairs are broken - or the material is very cracked at this point

4) The sleeper couch in our room - and the couch in the celebrity suite of the people we are traveling with really need to be replaced.

The general public areas seem fine.... if I was looking closely I’m sure I could find 101 other things....but I knew the ship was showing its age from other posts - just figured I’d let people know.

It is very much still Qsine as of this sailing anything specific you are looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to try the Lava Crab, Lobster Escargot, etc. Several post says that this it's no longer avalaible because the menu was replaced to LE PETIT CHEF AT QSINE

Hi, I am curious about the changes that will be made to the Celebrity Suite during the renovation. Hopefully they get rid of the bathtub shower. I will be on the Summit after renovation. Thank you and enjoy your cruise. I am fortunate and have never had a bad cruise :)

We really enjoyed Qsine during our 6/3 sailing. The food is delicious and ordering with an iPad was fun. Service was incredible as well. Each dish is presented so beautifully. There were only 2 us so we could not eat everything because we were getting so full. It really isn’t tapas in a true sense because there was a lot of food in each one. As soon as you finish one thing they bring the next, with virtually no down time in between courses. The waiter explained that the portions were “small” so we ordered 5 items. By the 3rd we were stuffed so when they brought the 4th we canceled the 5th! 😆 Another couple at the next table felt the same way. They too were stuffed to the eyeballs! My suggestion would be to go with a larger group for more sharing. We enjoyed everything immensely. The filet mignon was incredible.

Can you tell us what sky suite you are in (we sail in two weeks).

Can you comment on how check in was and some of the staff in Michaels/Luminae (we were on the same cruise a year ago).

Also, I work in downtown Manhattan and have some pictures of you guys in front of the statue on my phone but do not know how to post on here. If anyone is interested in pics, I can text them the pictures and someone more tech savy can post.

Thanks

Hello -

I will likely post a separate post on this topic...but you may get me a head start. Do you have any recommendations on current Luminae servers (we board on 5 August)? Also, in December, Summit added (or experimenting with) a new bar called 'Infusion'. It is/was co-located with the Gelateria (across from Cafe Al Bacio). Is it still there? And if so, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello -

I will likely post a separate post on this topic...but you may get me a head start. Do you have any recommendations on current Luminae servers (we board on 5 August)? Also, in December, Summit added (or experimenting with) a new bar called 'Infusion'. It is/was co-located with the Gelateria (across from Cafe Al Bacio). Is it still there? And if so, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,

I'm not on the ship now but was on in both April and May and will board again on July 8th. Although I think that all the servers in Luminae are top notch, my favorite is Domnic.

Re the Infusion Bar on Deck 5 next to the Gelataria. I believe the hours were 5 pm to 11 pm (or maybe even 10 pm). Any time I walked by that bar in the evening it was empty. As a matter of fact in April the bartender assigned to that bar kept coming down to the Martini Bar to help out and said he had no customers!

Hope this helps.

we are in 6129 - check in was a breeze we got to the port around 10:15 as our transport from the airport hotel got there early - we had to wait until about 11 and then they let us in

I don't want to take over pl281's thread, but we are also presently on the Summit for the second leg of a B2B. But those folding card table chairs in the Ocean View and the condition of a number of the others ready is pathetic.

Possibly we will meet in Luminae or Michaels -- both legs we have been in Sky Suites.

Just off Bermuda/NE cruise. Yes, the ship is worn, but the service was great in our opinion. Immigration and tendering, well that's a different topic.I agree with Aurora-the folding chairs in Ocean View really bugged me too. As for some of the regular chairs, I felt like I was going to go right through them when I sat down.