Shops on Bliss?

annmarz

Bliss Cruisers - can you give me some info about the shops onboard? I am not interested in high-end, luxury goods. I just want some fun logo-type merchandise, souvenirs, clothes, books, items specific to the itinerary, etc. On the Getaway, the selection was pretty meager. They had the predictable $10 blowouts of purses, watches, etc. And lots of expensive things. Do people really buy these items on a cruise? Are they really a better deal than buying online at home? I don't go on a cruise to shop, either onboard or ashore really, but it can be a fun diversion.

I guess all the ships, not just on NCL, would not devote so much space to these types of goods if it wasn't profitable, but it boggles my mind.

It’s called duty free. People are not specifically on the cruise to buy these type of items but certain things can have quite a savings. For example: I bought two bottles of Johnny Walker Blue for $132 each whereas at a liquor store where I live they can fetch as high as $240 per bottle. Similar for cigarettes, $30 a carton where they would be $70+.

The savings might not be as drastic for other type of items that don’t have the type of taxes associated with alcohol and cigarettes but there is definitely a savings. Even if it is just the savings of sales tax, a $1000 camera would get you a savings of approx $60-$100 on sales tax alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a Margaritaville shop onboard the Bliss?

I thought I saw one in someone's post, but I'm not sure. I do know there wasn't one onboard the Escape. Escape did have a 'Margaritaville at Sea' T-shirt and probably a couple of other items.

I thought I saw one in someone's post, but I'm not sure. I do know there wasn't one onboard the Escape. Escape did have a 'Margaritaville at Sea' T-shirt and probably a couple of other items.

They were in the regular gift shop. Don’t remember if I saw t-shirts.

Kinda a mix of Wyland items, NCL logo items, Margaritaville items, lifes’s good items, and Alaskan items.

Yes.....they have a small Margaritaville shop that is connected to another shop...