Boatswain's Beach theme park??

CruisinDawn

Anyone have info on Boatswain's Beach? According to Cruise Travel (12/2005)

"In early 2006, the Turtle Farm is scheduled to become part of Boatswain's Beach, a new 30-acre ($45 million) marine theme park that will include a huge saltwater snorkle lagoon, an aviary, an iguana sanctuary, a street ddedicated to Caymanian cuisine and heritage and much more."

I can't find anything on this, Anyone?

BonVoyage

Dawna

When did you get your latest issue of Cruise Travel Magazine? I am still waiting for mine. Yes, this water park is supposed to be under development now but I have not read of an estimated date of opening. Let's hope its by November 2006! Of course this will all depend on the next hurricane season, too.

Bon Voyage

The issue I read this in was 12/2005 which I have had for at least a month, we will be there 9/2006 so hope it's open soon. Glad others have heard something. Please offer information as it becomes available. Next issue of Cruise Travel has the Freedom of the Seas update and others seem to be getting that, CAN'T WAIT!! Guess that's the Feb issue hitting now.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thank you my goes out to my favorite private excursion in Grand Cayman !! www.Captinmarvins.com We have yet to spend a trip in Grand Cayman without them. Thanks Ruth for the info http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/ Can't wait to spend my 40th with you Captain Marvin's on Captain Marvin's ??th, hehe one shouldn't ask after 40? (We both have birthdays of 9/27, I just know he is older, much older, hehe)

Way to go Captain Marvins!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

When did you get your latest issue of Cruise Travel Magazine? I am still waiting for mine. Yes, this water park is supposed to be under development now but I have not read of an estimated date of opening. Let's hope its by November 2006! Of course this will all depend on the next hurricane season, too.

Bon Voyage

If your waiting for the Cruise Travel with the Freedom of the Seas info everyone is talking about that one just came in the mail Thursday (1/5/06)

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 4 weeks later...

Boatswain's Beach is still under construction. In island terms, it is a fairly large constrcution project. Construction, as with everthing else, moves along in its own time in the islands.

I would hesitate to guess if they will finish the project early, late, or right on time. I just know that it will be done when its done.

Plans and/or artist's renderings have periodically circulated in the local papers. Looks like they are trying to incorporate more activity options to go with a visit to the turtles.

Soon come, mon. Soon come.

• 2 weeks later...

It's only been about six weeks since this thread started and 2 weeks since an update.

Things just do NOT move all that fast in island time. This project occasionally hits the press. It is still under construction and will be for many more months.

http://www.caymanobserver.com/viewarticle.cfm?id=3&Section=Features

Quote from linked article in Cayman Observer by Laura Silverman:

"An extended tour enables me to envision the snorkel lagoon, whose entrance is designed to look like Smith Cove. There was only packed earth when I visited, but I am invited to imagine a spectacular freshwater pool, fake rock outcroppings and a waterfall, surrounded by dozens of deck chairs."

And it still looks like that... a construction site. Every day is a tiny bit more progress.

Perhaps if you have specific questions those could be answered?

It's only been about six weeks since this thread started and 2 weeks since an update.

Things just do NOT move all that fast in island time. This project occasionally hits the press. It is still under construction and will be for many more months.

http://www.caymanobserver.com/viewarticle.cfm?id=3&Section=Features

Quote from linked article in Cayman Observer by Laura Silverman:

"An extended tour enables me to envision the snorkel lagoon, whose entrance is designed to look like Smith Cove. There was only packed earth when I visited, but I am invited to imagine a spectacular freshwater pool, fake rock outcroppings and a waterfall, surrounded by dozens of deck chairs."

And it still looks like that... a construction site. Every day is a tiny bit more progress.

Perhaps if you have specific questions those could be answered?

Guess I assumed that if it was to open Spring 2006 (per their website) that there would be more then just packed earth by now. The website also states to check back next week and be ready to dive in. Been doing that and it never changes :( Turtle Farm is already part of our tour we have booked with Captain Marvin's but don't think 30 minutes would be enough time to explore the park described in Cruise Travel.

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 2 months later...

Archived