What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I just got an upgrade acceptance at 72 days out! We were in Obstructed Oceanview, booked over a year in advance. I submitted an offer of $165 pp to go to Balcony and just received our new stateroom - B2 Family Balcony category. Considering it's a 14 day cruise and the cost to upgrade at this point would be $588 pp. I am ecstatic! Now to try and keep a secret from the family for a sweet surprise in October 🙂 

This is on the Gem, Southern Caribbean route out of Boston. We are Silver in Latitudes, will be bumped into Gold after this cruise. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, djpk2003 said:

I just got an upgrade acceptance at 72 days out! We were in Obstructed Oceanview, booked over a year in advance. I submitted an offer of $165 pp to go to Balcony and just received our new stateroom - B2 Family Balcony category. Considering it's a 14 day cruise and the cost to upgrade at this point would be $588 pp. I am ecstatic! Now to try and keep a secret from the family for a sweet surprise in October 🙂 

This is on the Gem, Southern Caribbean route out of Boston. We are Silver in Latitudes, will be bumped into Gold after this cruise. 

Congrats! That sounds like quite a deal!

2 hours ago, rbcglj said:

Hi.  My offer was $50 pp to upgrade from interior to balcony and $25 pp to upgrade to oceanview.

Was thinking of offering $150 pp to upgrade to balcony.

Do you think that's enough to get it?  Should we go to $200?

Thanks!

Well, how long is your cruise? I would say no way on your original bids as those are most likely minimum poor bids. Better up it .... 

Our bidding isn’t open yet but I’m hoping to be offered the opportunity to bid on an upcoming cruise in Asia in Feb. we’ve just booked a guarantee inside cabin. Does booking a guarantee cabin impact on upgrade offers and opportunities? Never done it this way before. 

42 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Well, how long is your cruise? I would say no way on your original bids as those are most likely minimum poor bids. Better up it .... 

The cruise is 12 days.

NCL in their email said the lowest bid allowable was $50.

We were thinking of offering $150 pp.  Do you think that's too low?

1 minute ago, rbcglj said:

The cruise is 12 days.

NCL in their email said the lowest bid allowable was $50.

We were thinking of offering $150 pp.  Do you think that's too low?

My 15 day on the Bliss. Family of four cost me $300 to move from an Inside to a family ocean view. It would take $150 pp to get on the radar to move from an inside to a balcony. Have you read the other huge bidding thread on upgrades and costs. That will give you tons of ideas where you may hovering at.

8 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

My 15 day on the Bliss. Family of four cost me $300 to move from an Inside to a family ocean view. It would take $150 pp to get on the radar to move from an inside to a balcony. Have you read the other huge bidding thread on upgrades and costs. That will give you tons of ideas where you may hovering at.

Still trying to navigate this forum!

Can you please send me the name of the thread or a link so I can find it?

Thanks so much for your help!!

13 hours ago, djpk2003 said:

Nice score! Hoping for an upgrade as well but if not, what's to sulk about on a 14 day cruise!? See you at the M&G! 

On 8/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, rbcglj said:

Hi.  My offer was $50 pp to upgrade from interior to balcony and $25 pp to upgrade to oceanview.

Was thinking of offering $150 pp to upgrade to balcony.

Do you think that's enough to get it?  Should we go to $200?

Thanks

We would need some more info. Which sailing? Are balconies looking pretty full or is there still a lot of inventory?

23 hours ago, djpk2003 said:

Congrats!!  We are 71 days out and we booked our 14 day cruise on the Jade in January/18 and also like you we booked an obstructed view.  We bid on a balcony (and a mini suite) in Canadian funds but the equivalent was roughly $200 US, seeing your post gives me hope 🙂.  Enjoy your cruise!!!

2 minutes ago, rbcglj said:

It's the oct 27 sailing of the joy. 12 day cruise to Panama Canal. 

I don't know how many balconies are still available. How would I check that?

Thanks for your help!

You can find out if there are many rooms left by doing a mock booking on the NCL site. Note that will only show you a maximum of 15 rooms per category, but it's a good place to start. I would guess that with a Panama canal sailing, the balconies are going to sell out though, so your chance of an upgrade is low, even if you bid very high.

21 minutes ago, debgreg said:

I have three cabins booked,  if we offer the same on all three, will they all win or lose , don’t want some to upgrade and not others ? 

Thanks 

Highly unlikely for all three ti get acceptrd and even less and even less likely that all three would be upgraded to the same deck/area of the ship. Decide whether it is more important to stay together or to upgrade. 🙂 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, alliecat44 said:

Highly unlikely for all three ti get acceptrd and even less and even less likely that all three would be upgraded to the same deck/area of the ship. Decide whether it is more important to stay together or to upgrade. 🙂 

Thanks, I have looked at the deck plans and there doesn’t seem to be very many insides on the Getaway. We have booked three IX cabins so does that mean we might not be together anyway ?

Not the end of the world as we are three couples  but I think it would be bad if two got the offer accepted and one didn’t, looks like lots of cabins available at present at just over 80 days out  🧐

Edited by debgreg

12 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Thanks, I have looked at the deck plans and there doesn’t seem to be very many insides on the Getaway. We have booked three IX cabins so does that mean we might not be together anyway ?

Not the end of the world as we are three couples  but I think it would be bad if two got the offer accepted and one didn’t, looks like lots of cabins available at present at just over 80 days out  🧐

Last year, we booked a December cruise with two other couples. We each bid for a balcony from inside cabins. The other two couples bid $300 and $250 per person and received aft facing balconies at about 40-45 days prior. We bid a bit lower at $225  pp and got our family balcony cabin at 30 days out. I think we probably all bid higher than necessary but that’s beside the point. Just saying if the bids are right, it’s very possible all three will receive the upgrade, depending of course on availability and what others are bidding and whatever other criteria NCL uses. 

29 minutes ago, 3catnight said:

Last year, we booked a December cruise with two other couples. We each bid for a balcony from inside cabins. The other two couples bid $300 and $250 per person and received aft facing balconies at about 40-45 days prior. We bid a bit lower at $225  pp and got our family balcony cabin at 30 days out. I think we probably all bid higher than necessary but that’s beside the point. Just saying if the bids are right, it’s very possible all three will receive the upgrade, depending of course on availability and what others are bidding and whatever other criteria NCL uses. 

We are all on one booking, but have different cabin references. 

I get all the emails so I was wondering will I get to bid on all 3 🤔

I GOT UPGRADED! WOO!!

Here are the stats.

Escape to Bermuda 9-1 to 9-8  (appears to be a sold out cruise) 

Balcony offer accepted bid :$305pp. (accepted today 8-15) Family Balcony room deck 9

Originally had a comped inside room through CAS.

Thanks to all those who offered advise and shared their knowledge! 

Edited by Anonymoussol
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Anonymoussol said:

I GOT UPGRADED! WOO!!

Here are the stats.

Escape to Bermuda 9-1 to 9-8  (appears to be a sold out cruise) 

Balcony offer accepted bid :$305pp. (accepted today 8-15) Family Balcony room deck 9

Originally had a comped inside room through CAS.

Thanks to all those who offered advise and shared their knowledge! 

Happy you won! Hope you love the room. Free continental breakfast out on my balcony is one of my favorite NCL activities, so I would be lost without the balcony.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, debgreg said:

We are all on one booking, but have different cabin references. 

I get all the emails so I was wondering will I get to bid on all 3 🤔

You might get the email if the my ncl account is associated with your email but you would just forward the email on to them so they could use the link to bid on whatever amounts they want and then it also requires you to enter all your credit card information because if you win the bid it automatically charges the credit card.  Alternatively each couple can just go to the my ncl account when bidding becomes available and from their once signed in just click on the let’s get you upgraded banner and from their it would take them to the upgrade advantage website.  Let’s get you upgrade banner normally comes available 80 days or less before sailing.  Good luck on your bid

I'm new to NCL bidding and cruising in general, so please forgive my ignorance. I booked a Sail Away interior cabin on POA and made offers on oceanview and balcony when I received the email. Today is 65 days out and we were just assigned an inside cabin today. We are quite happy with the location, but wonder if the cabin assignment at this point means our offers were not accepted. Or could we still be reassigned as it gets closer?

We're on Getaway this sunday, nice, roomy cabin in OA. Offers (minimum) mailed two days ago:

1. Balcony: 70€
  2. Mini-Suite Balcony: 90€
  3. Spa Balcony (B9): 115€
  4. Mini-Spa Balcony (M9): 135€

Compared to our "Panorama Oceanview" in front, and the fact we're not interested in spa, we're only able to bid for a risky cabin.

So no bid. But it's possible to bid till we leave for the cruise the agent told us.

Edited by step78
corr. "OX" to "OA"

1 hour ago, Firepath said:

I'm new to NCL bidding and cruising in general, so please forgive my ignorance. I booked a Sail Away interior cabin on POA and made offers on oceanview and balcony when I received the email. Today is 65 days out and we were just assigned an inside cabin today. We are quite happy with the location, but wonder if the cabin assignment at this point means our offers were not accepted. Or could we still be reassigned as it gets closer?

If you like your assignment you can cancel your bid, otherwise your bid will be denied or approved but up to 48 hour mark, denial won't come until approximately 2 days prior 

11 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

You might get the email if the my ncl account is associated with your email but you would just forward the email on to them so they could use the link to bid on whatever amounts they want and then it also requires you to enter all your credit card information because if you win the bid it automatically charges the credit card.  Alternatively each couple can just go to the my ncl account when bidding becomes available and from their once signed in just click on the let’s get you upgraded banner and from their it would take them to the upgrade advantage website.  Let’s get you upgrade banner normally comes available 80 days or less before sailing.  Good luck on your bid

Thanks , if there were plenty of cabins available and we all bid the same I presume we would have a chance of all getting upgraded?

At the moment there are lots