What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

If I purchase the thermal suite passes, then bid on a Haven spa suite and get the upgrade, can I get a refund on the thermal passes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you purchase thermal suite passes before you board the ship if you are not in a spa cabin of some kind?

Know one knows for sure, but IMO it’s their attempt to get you to bid more than minimum. Bid an amount (x2) that you’re comfortable with.

I am confused?

“Bid an amount (x2) that you are comfortable with.”

I am confused?

“Bid an amount (x2) that you are comfortable with.”

I think they are saying that, because each bid is actually per person for the first two people in the cabin. So if you are comfortable with $500 total, bid $250. I think that's what the "x2" was referring to.

You could put in bids for both. Maybe a lower hail-mary type bid for the mini-suite and a more serious bid for the balcony? I don't really know anything about the mini-suites on the Gem, but I didn't hear any complaints or anything in our roll call for my sailing.

minis on Gem are risky since most are under the pool deck and garden buffet. I try to get the ones all the way forward

cool.. 1st page of an expected 5000 post thread!

booked a Balcony (angled) on Bliss for Oct 2018.

What class rooms will be upgrade options for a balcony?

(when i was on the Gem last year, i had an Inside and the only upgrade options were OV and balcony.)

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

"

4. Upon receipt of an Invitation, you may submit a Bid on up to two categories higher than your current class of service category for the original itinerary booked.

"

Booked Dawn to Bermuda in September a couple nights ago, just received the upgrade email for balcony and mini suite. Have people traveling solo been getting bids accepted?

Even though you are solo, if you bid and win you pay for two. I think because of that many solos don’t bid high. But I don’t think NCL cares if there are 1 or 2 people, they get the same money. Sometimes if life boat capacity is an issue, being a solo may give your bid an better shot.

Edited by Shidah
typo

Even though you are solo, if you bid and win you pay for two. I think because of that many solos don’t bid high. But I don’t the

think NCL cares if there are 1 or 2 people, they get the same money. Sometimes if life boat capacity is an issue, being a solo may give your bid an better shot.

That's interesting, thanks! I've gone thru the bid process in the past but never solo.

How can I receive the option to bid on an upgrade for Haven Spa Suit from a balcony when they are SOLD OUT?

Though suites may be sold out right now, there is always a chance a suite guest will cancel, opening up a potential upgrade opportunity for another guest. Granted, that may feel like a long shot; enter a bid or not...your call.

I received the opportunity to upgrade from a BA Balcony stateroom for a 7/23/2018 Alaska cruise on the Jewell. I received the first offer on 5/4/18 I think. I first bid $50 per person on the mini suite then upped my bid to $145 per person after deciding that wouldn't break the bank. I received the rejection notice on 7/21/18, two days before we cruised. I did not bid on any other staterooms but could have bid on Haven H1 $2000, H3 $1500, H4 $1000, H5 $1000, Suite SC $750, Suite SE & SF $500, all minimum bids.

Booked Dawn to Bermuda in September a couple nights ago, just received the upgrade email for balcony and mini suite. Have people traveling solo been getting bids accepted?

I just had a bid accepted on the Bliss and I’m solo in my cabin. I just posted about it a couple days ago. Go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hiya, sea-mates,

Well, on day 80 I also received the official email from NCL to upgrade for my upcoming cruise. Yes, I was looking for it everyday to pop up in my inbox, too. We (and our dear friends) were booked in an inside cabin next to each other on deck 14. We decided on the same day we received the offer to bid $135.00 for the balcony and opting out of ocean view.. After watching the prices closely, modified our bid last week to $185.00. That part is also really easy and

I called NCL often and also mocked up prices online.

Yesterday (day 59 from embarkation) we received the exciting and congratulatory email that our bids were accepted.:D Woo-hoo! I certainly didn't expect to hear anything this soon and had accepted that I may have to wait until 2-3 days out prior to the cruise.

We were awarded midship balconies also on deck 14. My husband and I are on starboard side while our friends were assigned also mid-ship on port side. No complaints here and we are very excited!

Based on the prices yesterday, if we were to book the same cabin directly it would have cost us over $600 total. One tip for you - whatever you decide to bid, just be ok with it... If you get it, it's a WIN-WIN! If you don't, you are still going to have a blast! Hope this helps!

I'll end it here by saying that If NCL ever makes considerations in the future to the upgrade terms, it would be 'really' nice to have the option to then select another cabin that is within same category to be closer to our friends. Maybe that's a logistic nightmare..... or not. At any rate - we are happy and thank you, NCL!

We are on the Bliss sailing the Mexican Riviera on Oct. 13, 2018. Cheers!

Hope to sea you around the ship,

Michele ;)

Any idea when the upgrades are processed? I see some upgrades processed around 70 days, others around 45 days and others at 2 days. Also, does anyone know what time of day these are processed? Should I check once in the morning or multiple times during the day to see if the bid was won?

Any idea when the upgrades are processed? I see some upgrades processed around 70 days, others around 45 days and others at 2 days. Also, does anyone know what time of day these are processed? Should I check once in the morning or multiple times during the day to see if the bid was won?

When upgrade bids are processed seems to be completely dependent upon the sailing. Early processing seems to happen under two main circumstances: A) The sailing reaches/nears capacity and is no longer available for booking. B) Prices drop and they want to "lock in" people's high bids before bidders lower them in response to the price drops. I think we have also seen some evidence that NCL may set "auto-accept" thresholds in some categories where, if you bid high enough, they accept your bid nearly right away.

For the most part, if bids aren't processed early, they are usually processed 3-5 days prior to sailing.

We are traveling with 2 other couples all in the same cabin category on the Bliss to Alaska. We all bid the minimum bid at the 80 day mark. One couple already received an acceptance on their bid this week and are moving on up. Are bids are still pending with 22 days to go before our cruise and there are lots of cabins still available for sale in all categories. Some have suggested that maybe the other couple were a higher latitudes status and that is why their bid was accepted first but that is not the case since we have more NCL cruises under our belt and a higher status. It seems that sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the bid acceptance process. We are just keeping our fingers crossed that our bid is accepted and if not well we will still have a great time on the cruise.

How can I receive the option to bid on an upgrade for Haven Spa Suit from a balcony when they are SOLD OUT?

Its crazy but I get it, Haven suites have been sold out on my cruise for over a month. However they are the only thing I can bid on, we are in a Mini Suite. It would be nice to bid on a Spa Mini suite

Best thing to do is enable notifications on your credit card to your cell phone. That's always how I find out our bid has won. We were shopping the other day when it came thru that we were upgraded to haven. My notification was about 2 hours before the email. And it was at I guess 39 days out on a Tuesday

Also I had just put the bid in Sunday night. I had pulled all my bids a few weeks ago because there was a medical chance I was going to have to cancel our trips. So once I got the all good from my doctor, I decided on a whim on Sunday night to put in bids. The bids I placed were much lower by hundreds of dollars compared to my original bids. So it's a win win for us :)

Best thing to do is enable notifications on your credit card to your cell phone. That's always how I find out our bid has won. We were shopping the other day when it came thru that we were upgraded to haven. My notification was about 2 hours before the email. And it was at I guess 39 days out on a Tuesday

Also I had just put the bid in Sunday night. I had pulled all my bids a few weeks ago because there was a medical chance I was going to have to cancel our trips. So once I got the all good from my doctor, I decided on a whim on Sunday night to put in bids. The bids I placed were much lower by hundreds of dollars compared to my original bids. So it's a win win for us :)

Congratulations! You had a spa cabin right? So did you upgrade to a spa Haven suite?