Hot Tub and Thalassotherapy jets turned off on the Breeze

Hoping someone has more information.

About midway through our cruise last week on the Breeze, the thalassotherapy pool was drained. It was opened a few days later, but the jets were not operational. I asked about this at the Spa desk, and was told that the jets have been turned off on all hot tubs and thalasso pools across the whole fleet. I tried to get more info out of them, but they would just shrug.

Anyone know anything about this? I had not heard of any issues, and was curious if this was a permanent situation.

Hoping someone has more information.

About midway through our cruise last week on the Breeze, the thalassotherapy pool was drained. It was opened a few days later, but the jets were not operational. I asked about this at the Spa desk, and was told that the jets have been turned off on all hot tubs and thalasso pools across the whole fleet. I tried to get more info out of them, but they would just shrug.

Anyone know anything about this? I had not heard of any issues, and was curious if this was a permanent situation.

If you do contact Carnival, please let us know what you found out! Thanks. :)

Are these air jets or water jets? If they are air jets, I'm surprised it took Carnival this long to shut them off fleet wide, as most cruise lines have done this over the last few years. The combination of hot water (typically right around the prime breeding temperature for legionella) and aeration caused by the air jets causes a prime environment for growth of legionella and its inhalation by the pool/tub occupants.

If they are in fact doing this fleet wide, that's going to be a serious issue for a lot of people with spa cabins and thermal suite packages. We bought the week-long thermal suite pass for our Magic cruise in 2.5 weeks specifically for the T-Pool. I'm going to want a refund if it's not working.

Are these air jets or water jets? If they are air jets, I'm surprised it took Carnival this long to shut them off fleet wide, as most cruise lines have done this over the last few years. The combination of hot water (typically right around the prime breeding temperature for legionella) and aeration caused by the air jets causes a prime environment for growth of legionella and its inhalation by the pool/tub occupants.

Yes, and a continuously running, never dry pool/spa can’t be sanitized.

Does the Carnival rep Mischelle still post here on CC? If so I hope she can shed some light on this situation asap. No hot tubs is practically a crisis for me - I would NEVER willingly sail a ship without one and we're now 5 days past final payment. I always find it interesting what others feel to be a deal-breaker. This is definitely one for me. :mad:

Yes, and a continuously running, never dry pool/spa can’t be sanitized.

Well, these spa pools and tubs are required to have a higher chlorine level than the other pools, have to be super-chlorinated at least every 72 hours, and drained and cleaned every week to prevent any possibility of legionella or other disease, so I disagree with you about not being able to be sanitized. Dropping the air jets was just the last preventative measure.

Are these air jets or water jets?

According the the Carnival page, the Thalassotherapy Pool has water jets: "Oh, and here’s one thing you’ll only find in our special pool: water jets that massage and invigorate. Mother Nature’s great, but she can’t do that."

I love Carnival, and have very few complaints. But this one thing: when they do not want to address a particular issue, there is deafening silence or a lot of conflicting information is disseminated.

On this matter, Carnival has not responded. One passenger on our cruise demanded a partial refund and received it (don't know the amount). As for me, I have not gotten any response other than what I mentioned in my beginning message for this thread.

To be clear, in regard to the Thalassotherapy pool, the two large faucets continued to pour out water, but there was no type of jets, bubbles, or agitation of the pool.

Any first-hand experience from cruisers?

I hope this is just temporary! I booked 2 spa cabins on Dream for next April, and it’ll be my dads first cruise. I know my mom and him will enjoy the tpool, but without the jets it’s just kinda meh...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love Carnival, and have very few complaints. But this one thing: when they do not want to address a particular issue, there is deafening silence or a lot of conflicting information is disseminated.

On this matter, Carnival has not responded. One passenger on our cruise demanded a partial refund and received it (don't know the amount). As for me, I have not gotten any response other than what I mentioned in my beginning message for this thread.

To be clear, in regard to the Thalassotherapy pool, the two large faucets continued to pour out water, but there was no type of jets, bubbles, or agitation of the pool.

Any first-hand experience from cruisers?

So, without movement of water it is like sitting in a bathtub?

I wonder about the hot tubs on deck.

Official word from John Heald over on the book of face in response to a poster:

Bob, good morning. I also saw another comment about this earlier today and a link to cruise critic. This is false news I’m afraid. On the Carnival Breeze the thalassotheraphy pool was Out of service for three days due to a technical problem for which I apologize. I can confirm that all hot tub’s and all the polls are in full operation. Cheers

I hope that no one takes my original post beyond what I intended. I have no reason to believe that Carnival is eliminating the hot tubs or the thalasso pool. My wife and I enjoyed the fully-functional thalasso pool (jets and all) the first few days of our cruise last week. Later, the thalasso pool was down for two or three days. It did reopen, but the jets were not operating. I asked when the jets would be fixed, and was told that Carnival will no longer be jetting its thalasso pools and hot tubs, and that this is effective across the whole fleet. I cannot verify that this statement is true, but it is a fact that the statement was made to me.

I did observe that for the remainder of the cruise, I saw no bubble in the hot tubs. Well, not jetted bubbles.

In Post #17, there is quoted an "official response" from John Heald. When John says that the hot tubs were fully operational, is he saying they were filled with water, or that the jets were turned on? I don't know what he is referencing as "false news."

So, what are cruisers experiencing this week and last week? Are the jets not functioning? If so, has anyone heard why?

How is it "false news" if it happened as OP stated and the jets were not working after the three day drain? OP did you notice if other jetted tubs on board were operational towards the end of your cruise?

I took the "false news" to mean the part about them being turned off fleetwide.

Official word from John Heald over on the book of face in response to a poster:

Bob, good morning. I also saw another comment about this earlier today and a link to cruise critic. This is false news I’m afraid. On the Carnival Breeze the thalassotheraphy pool was Out of service for three days due to a technical problem for which I apologize. I can confirm that all hot tub’s and all the polls are in full operation. Cheers

Worth repeating.

I hope that no one takes my original post beyond what I intended. I have no reason to believe that Carnival is eliminating the hot tubs or the thalasso pool. My wife and I enjoyed the fully-functional thalasso pool (jets and all) the first few days of our cruise last week. Later, the thalasso pool was down for two or three days. It did reopen, but the jets were not operating. I asked when the jets would be fixed, and was told that Carnival will no longer be jetting its thalasso pools and hot tubs, and that this is effective across the whole fleet. I cannot verify that this statement is true, but it is a fact that the statement was made to me.

I did observe that for the remainder of the cruise, I saw no bubble in the hot tubs. Well, not jetted bubbles.

In Post #17, there is quoted an "official response" from John Heald. When John says that the hot tubs were fully operational, is he saying they were filled with water, or that the jets were turned on? I don't know what he is referencing as "false news."

So, what are cruisers experiencing this week and last week? Are the jets not functioning? If so, has anyone heard why?

Good points. And let us all not forget that sometimes John Heald is the last to know.