Epic Haven 2 Bedroom suite location question.

Hi.. looking to book on the Epic 2 BR Haven Suite and need guidance on best deck and cabin location. Pretty much all cabins are available on decks 16 and 17 for the sailing. Low noise from deck 18 is a concern if on 17. We have previously sailed in forward and aft between cabins.

Any help in choosing is greatly appreciated.:)

We selected a forward facing 2BR on Deck 17 because we love the 270 degree view. It had a Solarium balcony (enclosed) with forward windows that slide open. An air conditioned balcony! Not good if you wanted to sit out in the sun, but haven guests have the very large posh club a few feet away.

There are a few pics on our review

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=528583

Edited by BirdTravels

We were in #17032 in May and DID hear quite a lot of chairs being moved about during the middle of the night/early morning hours and are NOT light sleepers. But we had no choice as this was the only Deluxe Owner's Suite available.

I also found it a "bit" of a drag having to go downstairs to the Concierge Desk and the Epic Club (restaurant) I know.....First World problems! But this is our third time on the Epic in the Haven and first time on deck 17. Although the Deluxe Owner's Suite was worth the walk/noise - we were not thrilled with the view from the LARGE balcony as it overlooks the pool area and you have NO way to look directly down onto the ocean.

In the future, we will go back to Deck #16 when cruising on the Epic in the Haven. Hope this makes "some" sense!

We selected a forward facing 2BR on Deck 17 because we love the 270 degree view. It had a Solarium balcony (enclosed) with forward windows that slide open. An air conditioned balcony! Not good if you wanted to sit out in the sun, but haven guests have the very large posh club a few feet away.

There are a few pics on our review

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=528583

Oh wow!!! I didn’t know that the balcony is air conditioned. Thank you for the heads up. I am not sure how I would feel about that. I’m sure it has +/-‘s. Thanks for the pictures as well.

We were in #17032 in May and DID hear quite a lot of chairs being moved about during the middle of the night/early morning hours and are NOT light sleepers. But we had no choice as this was the only Deluxe Owner's Suite available.

I also found it a "bit" of a drag having to go downstairs to the Concierge Desk and the Epic Club (restaurant) I know.....First World problems! But this is our third time on the Epic in the Haven and first time on deck 17. Although the Deluxe Owner's Suite was worth the walk/noise - we were not thrilled with the view from the LARGE balcony as it overlooks the pool area and you have NO way to look directly down onto the ocean.

In the future, we will go back to Deck #16 when cruising on the Epic in the Haven. Hope this makes "some" sense!

Yes , it makes perfect sense. I was also wondering about the noise from the pool area. It sounds like deck 16 may be preferred over 17.

I was confused a bit because right now the online website only shows cabins on 17 and had to call in to see what was available on 16. I always thought the sold the most preferred cabins first.

Thank you for your reply.

The center forward 2 bedroom suites on Epic are larger than the other 2 bedrooms. They are about 2 feet wider and the second bedroom is bigger too. We stayed in 16001 and loved it. The solarium was like another room and we had a lounger in there. Fantastic forward views too. The shower even has a forward view picture window. Would definitely stay there again. Here is a video of 16001 and you can see its wider than the other 2 bedroom suites. People know this and 16001 and 17001 are usually the first ones sold.

The center forward 2 bedroom suites on Epic are larger than the other 2 bedrooms. They are about 2 feet wider and the second bedroom is bigger too. We stayed in 16001 and loved it. The solarium was like another room and we had a lounger in there. Fantastic forward views too. The shower even has a forward view picture window. Would definitely stay there again. Here is a video of 16001 and you can see its wider than the other 2 bedroom suites. People know this and 16001 and 17001 are usually the first ones sold.

Thank you for your feedback and the video. Unfortunately it appears the forward cabins are not available. :loudcry: I will keep my eyes on them as sometimes cabins come back into inventory.

Oh wow!!! I didn’t know that the balcony is air conditioned. Thank you for the heads up. I am not sure how I would feel about that. I’m sure it has +/-‘s. Thanks for the pictures as well.

Those are ONLY the forward facing 2BRs. There are a lot with standard balconies along the side.

Those are ONLY the forward facing 2BRs. There are a lot with standard balconies along the side.

I understand and right now I don’t believe those are available for my sailing, but it was definitely something I was not aware of. I have seen videos and pictures of the balcony set up and always wondered how it worked with windows closed. ;p Silly me on that one.

Also, if you don’t mind, is there an opinion on Port or Starboard side cabins for the Mediterranean out of Barcelona?

Thank you for your feedback and the video. Unfortunately it appears the forward cabins are not available. :loudcry: I will keep my eyes on them as sometimes cabins come back into inventory.

I imagined that. Many people are aware 16001 and 17001 are larger than the others and they get booked right away. You cant lose. The 2 bedroom suites on Epic are some of the fanciest suites at sea. That master bedroom with all the funky lighting with that bathroom is really something ;)

I imagined that. Many people are aware 16001 and 17001 are larger than the others and they get booked right away. You cant lose. The 2 bedroom suites on Epic are some of the fanciest suites at sea. That master bedroom with all the funky lighting with that bathroom is really something ;)

So I booked 16019 right now as a placeholder and will move after more research, specifically around Port Side or Starboard. We usually opt for Port Side, but don’t really know how this factors into the Med itinerary. I have been scouring reviews to try to get a sense of views from the sides, but not much success yet.

I think I want Port side close to the bar, but not too close.;p. I know they can dock either way, but hoping for some great sailing views as well. Thoughts?

I have never sailed the Med so I cant comment. You are correct, ships dock different ways at each port so you can drive yourself crazy trying to plan. I usually sail from Miami and book port just for the sailaway on the port side. You may get great views docked one way but the sail away view is equally as nice.

As I mentioned before, the Haven suites on Epic are very posh and the Haven complex is incredible. You really cant lose whichever one you choose.

I’m sailing on the Epic in November and did a lot of research with many 2BR Suites open. I picked Dick 16 as there are less cabins, on the same floor as the courtyard. 16001/17001 are wider and more desirable. I kept checking and 16001 opened up on my sailing so keep checking as people change/cancel etc.

Hope you have a great cruise, I’m sure you will being in the Haven

I’m sailing on the Epic in November and did a lot of research with many 2BR Suites open. I picked Dick 16 as there are less cabins, on the same floor as the courtyard. 16001/17001 are wider and more desirable. I kept checking and 16001 opened up on my sailing so keep checking as people change/cancel etc.

Hope you have a great cruise, I’m sure you will being in the Haven

Thanks for the encouragement. I will!

Safe travels and I hope you enjoy your cabin selection.

Hi! I am in a rush and didn’t get to read all the responses, but I did research this ship to death in terms of Haven rooms (on floor 17) and will be glad to share with you. This analysis is based on all the reviews I could find!

We choose 17018 I believe...

17010 sound proof

*17014x2 quiet x2

*17015x2 noise above in den? Get other side!!?

17017x3. Early foot steps?

*17021 x2 Easy access to concierge

17022 quiet

17024 x1 but across from crew access door!xx

17027x2 over head noise?

17028 1 and ?noise from posh

Hi! I am in a rush and didn’t get to read all the responses, but I did research this ship to death in terms of Haven rooms (on floor 17) and will be glad to share with you. This analysis is based on all the reviews I could find!

We choose 17018 I believe...

17010 sound proof

*17014x2 quiet x2

*17015x2 noise above in den? Get other side!!?

17017x3. Early foot steps?

*17021 x2 Easy access to concierge

17022 quiet

17024 x1 but across from crew access door!xx

17027x2 over head noise?

17028 1 and ?noise from posh

Good morning,

I’m just wondering what the * refer to in your list. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello!

Just got back from the Med, we had 16003 forward facing and it was perfect! Great view, no noise, so close to everything in the Haven! Enjoy your cruise!

Welcome back and thanks for the reply. I am keeping an eye out for the forward facing cabins but glad to get your feedback!

Good morning,

I’m just wondering what the * refer to in your list. Thanks!

Ah sorry, my shorthand (as I said I was headed to work and just trying to get the basics LOL). Those were the ones that o thought were the best bets when using reviews and referring to the layout of the deck (I wanted to be reasonably close to elevators but not at major doors. I thought we were better to take our chances with people on the top deck above 17 than kids in the pool on 16 (since there were almost not comments on the upper deck being an issue).

Ah sorry, my shorthand (as I said I was headed to work and just trying to get the basics LOL). Those were the ones that o thought were the best bets when using reviews and referring to the layout of the deck (I wanted to be reasonably close to elevators but not at major doors. I thought we were better to take our chances with people on the top deck above 17 than kids in the pool on 16 (since there were almost not comments on the upper deck being an issue).

Awesome! I was hoping that was the case as we are in 17014.

I can’t help you on your original cabin question but I can tell you this ... if you are booked in a 2 BR with nothing in the 2 BR but your luggage ... the noise that keeps you awake all night long is the hangers in the 2nd bedroom closet so take ‘me down :) . The Epic Haven is gorgeous. Have fun !!

I can’t help you on your original cabin question but I can tell you this ... if you are booked in a 2 BR with nothing in the 2 BR but your luggage ... the noise that keeps you awake all night long is the hangers in the 2nd bedroom closet so take ‘me down :) . The Epic Haven is gorgeous. Have fun !!

OMG... too funny... I thought I was the only one that does this. The first time I heard the sound, I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. Kind of like trying to find a cricket in your house in the middle of the night in your jammies while crawling around on the floor,:D