RCI Upgrade/Upsell

I was told by the agent that you do get double points on an upsell. hmmmm:confused::confused:

Ask for that in writing and make sure the agent includes their name and direct contact info.

No, I got an email about a month of two ago asking me if I wanted to be put on the list for an upgrade to a JS for $200. I checked yes and thought maybe it would not happen because it has been so long but today I got the call. I don't think they looked at my profile but I had asked there too. they did say if they call and couldn't get the person they would move on to the next person on the list. So glad I was home when they called!

I’m glad you got it, a few question what’s your C&A level, is it per person or just 200$ to get the upgrade and also when if your sailing n ship?

I got the same email and just trying to figure out my chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our call in March came from my travel agent who was on the line with Royal when she called me. It was the Friday afternoon prior to a Monday departure. Free upgrade from ov to balcony. We usually book balcony staterooms but picked this particular ocean view because it was a larger cabin. Ship was oversold and they needed the larger cabin as it accommodated more and we were a party of 3. I originally turned down the upgrade as I wanted the larger cabin that I intentionally choose. I asked if we could be upgraded to a suite. After going back and forth multiple times with me and Royal my travel agent negotiated the balcony upgrade which we really didn't want but got them to comp the cruise which we really were happy with!! After reading stories of people losing their assigned cabins and being reassigned without their consent I feel very fortunate that it worked out the way that it did!

I’m glad you got it, a few question what’s your C&A level, is it per person or just 200$ to get the upgrade and also when if your sailing n ship?

I got the same email and just trying to figure out my chances.

We are D+. It is just $200 for both. We sail the end of August. Just keep hoping. I had about given up when I got the call.

No, I got an email about a month of two ago asking me if I wanted to be put on the list for an upgrade to a JS for $200. I checked yes and thought maybe it would not happen because it has been so long but today I got the call. I don't think they looked at my profile but I had asked there too. they did say if they call and couldn't get the person they would move on to the next person on the list. So glad I was home when they called!

I was quoting SirRedman who mentioned getting a call for a free upgrade. Thought that was odd.

You of course would have received a call due to asking permission to charge the 200.00. Still a great deal you got! :)

Edited by island lady

You have to call Crown and Anchor- that option is no longer available on the new and improved website

Another of the most annoying things about this "new and improved" website. Cannot go in and check profile. Seems they change my wine selection on a whim, and I hate to have to call CS just to keep checking on it.

Will call just before each cruise though. Not fond of surprises.

Tech demons at RCI still gleefully enjoying our misery. :evilsmile::evilsmile::mad:

I was quoting SirRedman who mentioned getting a call for a free upgrade. Thought that was odd.

Well, maybe you wouldn't have called it an upgrade, however I did. There were 3 of us reserved in a cabin and RC needed the larger cabin. They offered us two balconies, side by side, only with couches that did not fold out. One of us (ME) got a cabin to themselves. Yes, I called this an upgrade...

Well, maybe you wouldn't have called it an upgrade, however I did. There were 3 of us reserved in a cabin and RC needed the larger cabin. They offered us two balconies, side by side, only with couches that did not fold out. One of us (ME) got a cabin to themselves. Yes, I called this an upgrade...

Ah...that explains it. They were splitting you up. Makes sense they would have to call you.

Did you go from outside cabin (no balcony) to balcony cabins?

No, we originally had a balcony.

But hey, it was 2 bathrooms, 2 closets.... With all of our luggage, there's no way we could have fit in one room (it was our first cruise); so it was really a God send!!

No, we originally had a balcony.

But hey, it was 2 bathrooms, 2 closets.... With all of our luggage, there's no way we could have fit in one room (it was our first cruise); so it was really a God send!!

Sounds like it worked out just perfectly for you. Congrats! :)

We are D+. It is just $200 for both. We sail the end of August. Just keep hoping. I had about given up when I got the call.

Thank you, I’m only diamond sailing in September and was offered the same price I think it’s a great deal