Internet speed

Hi there,

If there's anyone out there currently on a ship that could run a speed test for me of the Internet, I'd very much appreciate it. I'm trying to find out how fast the Norwegian Internet can go.

Thanks!!

Dori

Speed is a relative term. You are using satellite internet. All the bits go 23000 miles up and 23000 miles down with the associated latency.

You are sharing a single pipe with everyone else on the ship and operations. Demands varies from minute to minute.

Ships use cache servers to give surfers better apparent speed by smart pre-fetching of pages. Some people think it’s great because every time they click, they hit a page already on the ship.

Speed is a relative term. You are using satellite internet. All the bits go 23000 miles up and 23000 miles down with the associated latency.

You are sharing a single pipe with everyone else on the ship and operations. Demands varies from minute to minute.

Ships use cache servers to give surfers better apparent speed by smart pre-fetching of pages. Some people think it’s great because every time they click, they hit a page already on the ship.

Excellent answer, Thank you.